|Revised Romanization||Kim Hyeong-tae|
Hyung-Tae Kim (born February, 1978, Seoul) is a Korean manhwa-style artist. He has designed characters for video games such as the Magna Carta series and the later installments of the War of Genesis series.
||This section of a biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013)|
Kim began his video games career working in the field of background music, then shifted to art and design. He has branched out into the comic book industry, serving as a guest cover artist, and has contributed to the Udon street fighter series.
Kim is currently working on Blade & Soul, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) created by NCsoft. Blade & Soul is an Asian martial arts fantasy with cultural influences mainly from the Korean culture. Though it was said that he would not be an artwork illustrator but an art director, Kim appears to also handle illustrations as all artwork released for the game up to now has been by him.
Recently unveiled character artworks for Magna Carta 2 show that Kim has been working with SoftMax. There is no information released regarding the relationship between Kim and SoftMax for this game.
Kim's character illustrations involve a deformation technique, where the artist disregards anatomical accuracy to achieve a specific feel to the character. 
Games worked on
- Magna Carta series
- War of Genesis series
- Blade & Soul
Books containing Kim's works
- Comickers Art Style Vol. 1: Color Technique (ISBN 978-4-568-50292-3)
- OXIDE 2: Carta Numinous: Kim Hyung Tae: The Second Works (ISBN 8995594810)
- OXIDE 2x: Kim Hyung-Tae Illustrations (ISBN 4-7577-2095-5)
- Act III: Scene 8 (ISBN 8970412832)
- Io: Art of the Wired (ISBN 0973586702)
- Ragnarok Online Official Fan Book (ISBN 4-7973-2815-0)
- Range Murata's Robot Vol. 05 (ISBN 4-8982-9987-3)
- Japanese Comickers 2: Draw Manga and Anime Like Japan's Hottest Artists (ISBN 978-0060833305)
- KOREAN illustration (ISBN 978-4-8703-1792-5)
- APPLE Vol. 1 (ISBN 978-1897376362)
- "Part 1:B&S Interview: AD Tells You Details about New Clothes and Items". MMORPG News. 8 September 2011. Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- "Game Developer March Issue Showcases Uncharted 2, Dirty Coding Tricks". Gamasutra. 5 March 2010. Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- Clements, Ryan (27 November 2009). "G-Star 2009: Tea With Hyung Tae Kim". IGN. IGN.
- Hyung-tae Kim Blog
- Official Hyung-tae Kim Website (under construction)
- "The Making of Runaway: A Sketching Tutorial by Hyung-tae Kim" from Guu Press's Magazine
- Io: Art of the Wired: An art book featuring Hyung-tae Kim, and six other artists, published by Guu Press
- Official website of Blade and Soul (Korean): Official website of Blade and Soul, which Kim is currently working for. Features video promo of game.