|Founded||2006(as 505 Game Street)|
|Rami Galante, Raffi Galante, Ian Howe, Tim Woodley|
Number of employees
505 Games Ltd. is a global publisher of video games founded in 2006, and is a subsidiary of Italian company Digital Bros. S.p.A. The company publishes games globally for leading platforms along with console and handheld systems from Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft, as well as for mobile devices and social networks. 505 Games headquarters is located in the city of Milan, Italy. The company also maintains divisions in Milton Keynes, United Kingdom; Los Angeles, United States; Lyon, France; Munich, Germany; Madrid, Spain and a network of distribution partners.
The company transitioned from being an Italian games distributor to a global games publisher, offering a broad selection of titles for players of all ages and levels. In March 2015, Digital Bros, through subsidiary 505 Games, purchased 2.67% stock of Swedish game developer Starbreeze Studios.
Since its founding in 2006, the company has published several major titles including Sniper Elite III, Payday 2, Assetto Corsa, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Terraria, How to Survive, Defense Grid 2, Deep Black, Rocket League, ABZU, ADR1FT, and Virginia. The company found its early success through its video games Cooking Mama and Zumba Fitness.
In April 2012, 505 Games took over publishing duties from THQ for the fitness game Adidas MiCoach, following a lawsuit between THQ and Adidas. In April 2013, they acquired the license of Drawn To Life series. The purchase includes rights to the franchise as a whole. In April 2014, 505 Games announced a publishing agreement with Adam Orth's Three One Zero of the game Adrift. The game is described as a first-person experience, where the player controls an astronaut exploring debris of a wrecked station in outer space. In January 2015, 505 Games confirmed the acquisition of the intellectual property (IP) rights to the multi-award-winning Game of the Year 2013, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons from Starbreeze Studios. In April 2015, 505 Games announced a publishing agreement with Swedish game developer Starbreeze for the game Overkill's The Walking Dead, which is currently under development and expected to be released in 2016. A month later, 505 Games announced a publishing agreement with game developer Overkill Software for the game Payday 2 Crimewave Edition. In August 2016, 505 Games announced it would be publishing Virginia from Variable State.
- "505 Games Acquires Stake in Starbreeze". Develop.
- "505 Games Announces Abzu". IGN.
- "505 Games Publishing Adrift". Engadget.
- Robinson, Martin (2016-08-25). "Virginia, one of 2016's most promising games, is coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC next month". Eurogamer. Retrieved 2016-09-09.
- "505 Games' Ian Howe Interview". Digital Trends.
- "MCV Awards 2015". MCVUK.
- "Adidas MiCoach Now Published by 505 Games". Engadget.
- "505 Games Acquires Draw To Life License". Warp Zoned.
- "505 Games Publishing Adr1ft". IGN.
- "Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons Game of the Year Award". PlayStation Blog.
- "Brothers IP Sold to 505 Games". Eurogamer.
- "505 Games To Publish Overkills The Walking Dead". The Koalition.
- "PayDay 2: Crimewave Edition Release". Christian Today.
- Dring, Christopher (January 21, 2016). "505 Games switches focus to developing its own IP". MCVUK. Retrieved January 21, 2016.
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (2016-10-05), Bloodstained and 505 Games Partnership, retrieved 2016-10-05