I'll Eat You Last: A Chat with Sue Mengers
|I'll Eat You Last: A Chat with Sue Mengers|
|Written by||John Logan|
|Date premiered||24 April 2013|
|Place premiered||Booth Theatre, New York|
In the play, Mengers claims that Jane Fonda turned down the role of Evelyn in the 1974 film Chinatown, which ended up being a defining role for Faye Dunaway. In 2013, Fonda responded by saying that director Roman Polanski had never really offered her the part, and that it was written for Dunaway.
- Peter Biskind, "When Sue Was Queen", Vanity Fair April 2000 accessed 12 July 2013
- Maureen Dowd, "Baby It's Sue!" Vanity Fair April 2013 accessed 12 July 2013
- Patrick Healy, "After Years of Playing Bette, Another Role", New York Times, April 10, 2013 accessed 12 July 2013
- "Bette Midler Pushes B’way’s ‘I’ll Eat You Last’ Into the Black" Variety 30 May 2013 accessed 12 July 2013
- Melbourne Theatre Company accessed 17 September 2013
- http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/and-more/roman-polanski-never-offered-me-the-role-in-chinatown-jane-fonda_135862.html, first published, June 02, 2013, 11:35; viewed 7-3-2014.