iLiana Fokianaki (born in 1980, Thessaloniki) is a Greek curator and former journalist based in Athens and Rotterdam. She is the founder and director of contemporary art space State of Concept in Athens, where she curated solo exhibitions of artists such as Laure Prouvost and the Rojava Film Commune. A retrospective of Fokianaki's institution titled State (in) Concepts was exhibited at Kadist Art Foundation in Paris in 2017.
Fokianaki's work explores the relation between art, precarity, state formations and identitarianism. Together with curator Antonia Alampi, she is the co-founder of Future Climates, a platform that aims to propose viable futures for small-scale organizations of contemporary art and culture. Fokianaki was curator and programmer at Kunsthal Extra City in Antwerp from 2017-2019, where she curated the exhibitions Extra Citizen (2017) and Extra States: Nations in Liquidation (2018)
Fokianaki is a lecturer at the Dutch Art Institute, and a writer for various international art journals and publications, discussing issues ranging from art and ethics, to a joint piece on art and economy written with former Greek Minister of Finance Yanis Varoufakis.
- BBC World Service, "Interview with curator iLiana Fokianaki, director State of Concept Athens", September 2, 2015 
- Website Outset Foundation, Visual tour of Laure Prouvost's exhibition "C'est L'est Not Ouest" 
- Announcement of Rojava Film Commune's exhibition "Forms of Freedom," e-flux, 2018 
- Announcement "State (in) Concepts," Website Kadist Art Foundation, Paris, 2017 
- iLiana Fokianaki, "Redistribution via Appropriation: White(washing) Marbles," e-flux journal, #91, May 2018 
- Federica Bueti, "iLiana Fokianaki and Antonia Alampi in conversation," Ocula, May 19, 2017 
- Tamara Beheydt, "Burgerschap en verbeelding: Extra Citizen in Antwerpen," Metropolis M, September 25, 2017 
- Stephanie Bailey, "Extra States: Nations in Liquidation at Kunsthal Extra City," Ocula, December 8, 2018 
- Profile iLiana Fokianaki, Website Dutch Art Institute 
- iLiana Fokianaki, "Ethics After Defeat," Kaiera, No.2, 2017 
- iLiana Fokianaki, Yanis Varoufakis, "We Come Bearing Gifts," Art Agenda, June 7, 2017 
|This Greek biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|