|EP by Beartooth|
|Released||July 26, 2013|
|Genre||Metalcore, hardcore punk|
|Label||Red Bull Records|
Sick is the debut extended play by American hardcore punk band Beartooth and is produced by Caleb Shomo formerly of the band Attack Attack! who sang and recorded all the instruments used on the album. It was released on July 26, 2013, through Red Bull Records for free download.
Caleb Shomo began writing Beartooth songs while he was still in Attack Attack! as "a different musical outlet" as a way to make fun, punk-rock, hardcore, wild music, play crazy shows and have a good time without pressure from anything. The first release from this album was the song 'I Have a Problem', released on February 6, 2013 along with a live music video. The band was officially announced to be part of the roster for 'Red Bull Records' later that year in June. Later that month, the band released their EP via email subscription, and later toured with City Lights across the US throughout August to promote the EP.
The band released a total of four music videos in promotion of the EP. Before the album's announcement, they released a live music video for 'I Have a Problem. They later released the other three videos for 'I Have a Problem' (not to be confused with their earlier live version), 'Pick Your Poison' and 'Go Be the Voice'. The song 'Go Be the Voice' was featured on Altpress article '11 New Songs You Need To Hear Right Now: November 2013 Edition' in promotion of the song, EP and then recent video.
HM Magazine reviewer Sarah Roberts stated that the EP was a powerful release. She praised the sound of the guitars during their use in heavy rhythms and the clarity of the vocals despite the dominance of the guitars. She recommended the album for those interested in hardcore punk music.
|1.||"I Have a Problem[I]"||3:59|
|2.||"Go Be the Voice"||4:03|
|3.||"Pick Your Poison"||3:48|
|4.||"Set Me on Fire"||3:30|
^ I "I Have a Problem" was later re-recorded for Beartooth's debut album Disgusting.
- Produced, Mixed & Mastered by Caleb Shomo
|Worldwide||July 26, 2013||Red Bull Records||Digital||RBR 1235|
- Whitt, Cassie (2013-07-26). "Beartooth offering free 'Sick' EP download – Alternative Press". Altpress.com. Retrieved 2014-06-09.
- Pettigrew, Jason. "Interview: A Different Plan Of Attack: Caleb Shomo Shows His Beartooth". Altpress.com. Altpress. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
- Whitt, Cassie. "Beartooth (Caleb Shomo, ex-Attack Attack!) release "I Have A Problem" video". Altpress.com. Altpress. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
- Whitt, Cassie. "Exclusive: Beartooth sign to Red Bull Records". Altpress.com. Altpress. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
- Whitt, Cassie. "Beartooth offering free 'Sick' EP download". Altpress.com. Altpress. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
- Campbell, Rachel. "Beartooth to tour with City Lights". Altpress.com. Altpress. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
- Whitt, Cassie. "Video Premiere: Beartooth, "Go Be The Voice"". Altpress.com. Altpress. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
Beartooth released their new debut EP, Sick, as a free download in July, and have since been making waves with their videos for "Pick Your Poison" and "I Have A Problem." Today, check out the video for track two, "Go Be The Voice," exclusively on APTV and tell us what you think.
- "11 New Songs You Need To Hear Right Now: November 2013 Edition". Altpress.com. Altpress. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
- Roberts, Sarah Arendas (September 3, 2013). "Beartooth – 'Sick'". HM Magazine. HM Publications LLC. ISSN 1066-6923. Retrieved May 14, 2014.
- "Beartooth Sick (Digital Download - Red Bull Records #RBR 1235)". AllMusic.com. AllMusic. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
- "Beartooth - Sick". Shop.Redbullrecords.com. Redbull Records. Retrieved 28 August 2014.