|Notre Dame Fighting Irish – No. 12|
|High school||Oak Ridge (El Dorado Hills, CA)|
|Born:||March 30, 1998|
El Dorado Hills, California
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||203 lb (92 kg)|
High school career
Freshman season (2016)
Sophomore season (2017)
Book sat behind Wimbush throughout the 2017 season, but he started for an injured Wimbush against North Carolina, propelling the Irish to a 33-10 victory over the Tar Heels in his first collegiate start on October 7, 2017. During the 2018 Citrus Bowl, Book came off the bench and led the Irish to a 21–17 victory over LSU.
Junior season (2018)
After a pair of slim home victories over unranked opponents Ball State and Vanderbilt in 2018, Book was chosen as the starter over Wimbush for a road game against Wake Forest. The result was a 56–27 Notre Dame victory, with Book throwing for 325 yards and two touchdowns, and running for three more.[dead link] Against #7 Stanford the next week, Book threw for 278 yards and four touchdowns in a 38-17 rout of the Cardinal. The Irish continued to move up the rankings under Book, and in week 10, Book threw for two touchdown passes and ran 23 yards for a score in the closing minutes to lead No. 3 Notre Dame to a close 31-21 victory over Northwestern. Book helped the Irish to finish the regular season 12-0 and earn its first College Football Playoff berth, although the Irish were defeated by the eventual national champion Clemson in the 2018 Cotton Bowl Classic, 30-3.
Senior season (2019)
On September 14, 2019, Book threw for 360 yards and five touchdowns. He also had one rushing touchdown in a 66-14 win over New Mexico. He contributed to the most points scored in a home opener at Notre Dame since 1932.
- Assaf, Mick (March 30, 2018). "Mick Assaf on Instagram: "Happy 20th birthday to a great quarterback, but a better friend. It's been a fun ride, my guy. Let's keep this thing rolling."". Instagram. Retrieved September 5, 2019.
- "Ian Book Timeline Events". 247Sports.com. Retrieved September 30, 2018.
- "No. 8 Notre Dame swaps quarterbacks, beats Wake Forest 56–27". The Washington Post. Retrieved September 30, 2018.
- Dodd, Dennis (September 30, 2018). "Ian Book makes all the difference for Notre Dame's renewed College Football Playoff hopes". CBS Sports. Retrieved September 30, 2018.
- "Notre Dame vs. Northwestern - Box Score - November 3, 2018". ESPN. Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- "Ian Book, defense lead Notre Dame football demolition of New Mexico". Indianapolis Star. Retrieved October 11, 2019.
- Farmer, Douglas (October 10, 2019). "Ian Book's performance against Bowling Green could foreshadow sustainable Notre Dame success". Inside the Irish. Retrieved October 11, 2019.