Ibrahim Khan Gauri
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
July 20, 1951|
Multanpura, Mandsaur Madhya Pradesh
|Other names||Ibrahim Khan Gauri|
|Occupation||poet, journalist, actor, lyricist|
- Ilham – 1991
- Aagahi – 1996 (Collection of Poems)
- Karbala – 1998 (Historical Elegy)
- Andaz-e-Bayan Aur – 2001 (Critical appreciation and explanation of Mirza Asad-ullah Khan `Ghalib’)
- Tanqidi Shaoor – 2004 (Work on Bedil, Hafiz, Ghalib, Iqbal, Firaq Gorakhpuri and different literary subjects)
Lala and Chaharan – New poetic forms Such innovation come by only a few times in centuries.
Also, expression of novel in poetic medium – in musical rhymes and rhythms.
Filmography / Bollywood
Penned Lyrics for `Kaho Naa Pyar Hai’ (Broke 50 years old record), `Koi Mil Gaya’, `Janasheen’, `Eitbaar’, `Aap Mujhe Achche Lagne Lage’, `Koi Mere Dil Se Pooche’, `Dhund’ and several others. Acted as Ghalib in a serial penned by himself.
More than 1000 Geet and Ghazals have been sung by legendary singers of India for several music companies.
Awards and accolades
- U.P. Urdu Academy Award – 1991
- All India Benzer Award – 1992
- Maharashtra Hindi Patrakar Sangh Award – 2000 (for Best Lyrics)
- Tata Group of Magazine AV Max Award – 2000 (for Best Lyrics of the year 2000)
- Ujjain’s Sahitya Seva Samman – 2001 (Presented by Shri Shiv Mangal Singh Suman, Ex-Vice Chancellor of Vikram University, Ujjain)
- Ghalib Award – 2003 (of the Journal `Intesaab’ Sirong, M.P.)
- Kalidas Samman – 2003 (of M.P. Sadbhawana Manch)
- Kabir Samman – 2003 (of Gunjan Kala Sadan, Jabalpur, M.P.)
- Majrooh Award – 2004 (of Majrooh Academy, Mumbai)
- Hindi-Urdu Sahitya Academy Award – 2004 (Lucknow, U.P.)
- Star Dust Award for Best Lyrics – 2004 (Presented by World Fame Artist Shri M.F.Hussain)
Amidst of his busy schedule he takes little time out to share his experience and guide the upcoming talent in the Bollywood industry. He organizes monthly Lyrics Writing Workshops in Mumbai  in association with Joinfilms.com. The 3 days professional workshop covers complete lyrics writing course that consists of
- The basics about writing lyrics for movies, albums.
- Writing songs based on the story-line and according to the situation in which it is going to be filmed
- Knowing general things is also important and this topic will give you the knowledge about different genres of lyrics writing prevalent in the Hindi film industry
- "Acclaimed lyricist will share tips on songwriting in a three-day workshop". Mid-Day Infomedia Ltd. Retrieved 2016-04-12.