|Manufacturer||Ikarus Drachen Thomas Pellicci|
Design and development
The Funflyer is intended to be a simple single surface glider with easy handling and modest performance for student use and flight training. It is particularly easy to take-off and land. Unlike many hang glider models, the Funflyer is available in just one size.
The aircraft is made from aluminum tubing, with the wing covered in Dacron sailcloth. Its 9.9 m (32.5 ft) span wing is cable braced from a single kingpost. The nose angle is 120°, double surface is 35%, wing area is 15.6 m2 (168 sq ft) and the aspect ratio is 6.28:1. The glider achieves a glide ratio of 8:1. The pilot hook-in weight range is 50 to 87 kg (110 to 192 lb). The aircraft can be broken down to a length of 4 m (13.1 ft) for storage and ground transport. It is certified as DHV Class 1.
- Crew: one
- Wingspan: 9.9 m (32 ft 6 in)
- Wing area: 15.6 m2 (168 sq ft)
- Aspect ratio: 6.28:1
- Empty weight: 23.5 kg (52 lb)
- Maximum speed: 70 km/h (43 mph; 38 kn)
- Stall speed: 28 km/h (17 mph; 15 kn)
- Maximum glide ratio: 8:1
- Bertrand, Noel; Rene Coulon; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2003-04, page 46. Pagefast Ltd, Lancaster OK, 2003. ISSN 1368-485X
- Ikarus Drachen Thomas Pellicci (n.d.). "Ikarus Funflyer 390 - der Einsteiger zum Aufsteigen Zentraler Punkt des 390er Konzeptes ist das leichte Erlernen des Fliegens (German language)". Retrieved 23 February 2012.