12 December 1995|
Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
|Test debut (cap 231)||11 May 2018 v Ireland|
|Last Test||7 October 2018 v Australia|
|ODI debut (cap 215)||18 October 2017 v Sri Lanka|
|Last ODI||26 September 2018 v Bangladesh|
|ODI shirt no.||26|
|Domestic team information|
Source: ESPNcricinfo, 12 October 2018
Imam-ul-Haq (born 12 December 1995) is a Pakistani international cricketer. On his One Day International (ODI) debut against Sri Lanka, he became the second batsman for Pakistan, and thirteenth overall, to score a century on debut. He is the nephew of Inzamam-ul-Haq, a former Pakistani cricket star who also served as the national team's captain.
In the final of the 2016–17 Quaid-e-Azam Trophy, he scored 200 not out batting for Habib Bank Limited. In the final of 2017–18 National T20 Cup, he scored 59 not out batting for Lahore Blues, and was named man of the match.
In October 2017, he was named in Pakistan's One Day International (ODI) squad for their series against Sri Lanka. He made his ODI debut for Pakistan against Sri Lanka on 18 October 2017, scored a maiden ODI century and was named man of the match. He became the second Pakistan batsman after Saleem Elahi to score a ODI hundred on debut.
In April 2018, he was named in Pakistan's Test squad for their tours to Ireland and England in May 2018. He made his Test debut for Pakistan, against Ireland, on 11 May 2018. He scored a half century in the final innings of the match which was instrumental in the team's win.
On 20 July 2018, in the fourth ODI against Zimbabwe, he and Fakhar Zaman made the highest opening partnership in ODIs, with 304 runs. Pakistan finished their innings at 399 for the loss of one wicket, their highest score in ODIs. Zaman and Imam had scored 705 runs together across the series, the most by a pair in a bilateral ODI series.
- "Meet the new faces in the Pakistan Test squad". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 22 May 2018.
- "Records / One-Day Internationals / Batting records / Hundred on debut". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- "Hasan five-for, Imam debut ton sink Sri Lanka". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 18 October 2017.
- "Imam-ul-Haq: Pakistan great Inzamam's nephew hits debut 100 against Sri Lanka". BBC Sport. Retrieved 18 October 2017.
- "Imam-ul-Haq set for 'dream' Pakistan Test debut". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- "PCB Central Contracts 2018–19". Pakistan Cricket Board. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- "New central contracts guarantee earnings boost for Pakistan players". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- "Quaid-e-Azam Trophy, Final: Habib Bank Limited v Water and Power Development Authority at Karachi, Dec 10–15, 2016". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- "Final (D/N), National T20 Cup at Rawalpindi, Nov 30 2017". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 30 November 2017.
- "Imam-ul-Haq called up to Pakistan's ODI squad". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 6 October 2017.
- "3rd ODI (D/N), Sri Lanka tour of United Arab Emirates and Pakistan at Abu Dhabi, Oct 18 2017". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 18 October 2017.
- "Imam-ul-Haq becomes 2nd Pakistani to score century on debut". www.geo.tv. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- "Only Test, Pakistan tour of Ireland, England and Scotland at Dublin, May 11-15 2018". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 12 May 2018.
- "Ireland win toss, opt to bowl in historic Test against Pakistan". Geo TV. Retrieved 12 May 2018.
- "Fakhar, Imam receive maiden call-ups to Ireland, England Tests". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "Fakhar Zaman, Imam-Ul-Haq Break All-Time Opening Partnership Record In ODIs". NDTV. Retrieved 20 July 2018.
- "Records galore as Pakistan rewrite history in Bulawayo". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 20 July 2018.
- "Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq march into the record books". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 22 July 2018.