In Harmonia Universali
|In Harmonia Universali|
|Studio album by Solefald|
|Released||24 March 2003|
|Producer||Börge Finstad, Solefald|
In Harmonia Universali is the fourth studio album by Norwegian avant-garde metal band Solefald. It was released on 24 March 2003, and their last record released under the Century Media label. The album features lyrics sung in four languages: English, Norwegian, French and German.
Cornelius, the band's chief lyricist, stated on the band's website that much of the lyrics have Satanic undertones, and that it wasn't a coincidence; he believes that part of the formation of what metal is today is due to evil and the rhetorical figure of Satan, who in turn is praised on the song "Red Music Diabolos", claiming, "our crazy music has to come from somewhere."
All lyrics written by Cornelius.
- "Nutrisco et Extinguo" – 7:11
- "Mont Blanc Providence Crow" – 5:16
- "Christiania (Edvard Munch Commemoration)" – 8:20
- "Epictetus & Irreversibility" – 5:58
- "Dionysify This Night of Spring" – 8:12
- "Red Music Diabolos" – 4:34
- "Buy My Sperm" – 4:35
- "Fraternité de la Grande Lumière" – 5:12
- "The Liberation of Destiny" – 6:28
- "Sonnenuntergang im Weltraum" – 4:32
In the album's booklet, the songs "Red Music Diabolos" and "Dionysify this Night of Spring" are incorrectly listed track five and track six, respectively.
Blabbermouth.net's review was favorable, writing, "in a mire of screaming pocket Satanists, Solefald offer a tangible break from the norm. That their desire for experimentation has previously led to threats from conservative black metal zealots must surely be recommendation enough for you to bend your brain around this album."
- Lazare – vocals, Hammond B3, grand piano, drums
- Cornelius – vocals, electric guitar, classical guitar, bass guitar, samples
- Kjetil Selvik – saxophone on "Nutrisco et Extinguo", "Dionysify This Night of Spring" and "Fraternité de la Grande Lumiére", choir vocals on "Christiana (Edvard Munch Commemoration)" and "Dionisify This Night of Spring"
- Kristian Krüger – choir vocals on "Christiana (Edvard Munch Commemoration)" and "Dionisify This Night of Spring"
- Sigurd Høye – choir vocals on "Christiana (Edvard Munch Commemoration)" and "Dionisify This Night of Spring"
- "In Harmonia Universali - Solefald : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards : AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- Daley, Tony. "Blabbermouth.net". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 3 September 2012.