|Breeder||Hal J. Earnhardt|
|Owner||Hal Earnhardt and John Gaines Racing|
|Santa Anita Derby (1998)|
Indian Charlie (March 27, 1995 – 2011) was an American Thoroughbred racehorse who won the 1998 Grade 1 Santa Anita Derby, equaling the stakes record time, before finishing third in the Kentucky Derby in his final start. He is best known as an important sire of Champions, and his son Uncle Mo was the leading freshman sire of 2015.
Indian Charlie won his first four races, including a 4 1⁄2 length victory over Real Quiet in the Santa Anita Derby, equaling the stakes record of 1:47 flat. He started at odds of 5/2 for the Kentucky Derby, in which he finished third to Real Quiet. He was rested after the Derby and missed the Preakness and Belmont Stakes. He was being prepared for a return to racing in the Haskell Invitational in August when he pulled a suspensory ligament during training at Del Mar Racetrack and was retired from racing.
- Fleet Indian, American Champion Older Female Horse (2006) multiple Grade 1 winner of $1.7 million
- Indian Blessing, won 2007 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies, American Champion Two-Year-Old Filly (2007), American Champion Female Sprint Horse (2008), earned $2,995,420
- Indian Apple Is, 2010 Canadian Champion Female Sprint Horse
- Uncle Mo, won 2010 Breeders' Cup Juvenile, American Champion Two-Year-Old Colt. Leading freshman sire of 2015
Among his other notable progeny, Indian Charlie is the sire of multiple stakes winners A. P. Indian, Conveyance, Bwana Charlie, Indian Firewater, Iindyanne, Mr. Nightlinger, My Pal Charlie, Pampered Princess, Roxy Gap, Two Trail Sioux, Zada Belle, as well as 2011 Robert B. Lewis Stakes winner Anthony's Cross and Jerome Stakes winner Adios Charlie. 
Indian Charlie was euthanized at Airdrie Stud at approximately 9:30 a.m. EST on December 15, 2011. The sixteen-year-old had been battling cancer.
|Leo Castelli||Sovereign Dancer||Northern Dancer|
|Suspicious Native||Raise a Native|
|Political Parfait||Diplomat Way||Nashua|
|Peach Butter||Creme Dela Creme|
- "Indian Charlie Profile". www.equibase.com. Retrieved 28 August 2016.
- New York Times - April 5, 1998
- Privman, Jay (5 April 1998). "Indian Charlie Is a Front-Runner For Derby After Victory at Anita". The New York Times. Retrieved 28 August 2016.
- New York Daily News - August 5, 1998
- Daily Racing Form – November 23, 2010
- "Uncle Mo on Stallion Register Online". Stallion Register Online. Retrieved 28 August 2016.
- Indian Charlie at Stallion Register Online