Industrial heritage refers to the physical remains of the history of technology and industry, such as manufacturing and mining sites, as well as power and transportation infrastructure. The term is often also used in connection with museums or historic places related to industry, including worker housing and warehouses. The scientific study of such remains is called industrial archaeology. The industrial heritage of a region is an aspect of its cultural heritage. The international organization dedicated to the study and preservation of such is The International Committee for the Conservation of the Industrial Heritage, known as TICCIH.
- List of industrial archaeology topics
- List of notable industrial heritage sites
- Industrial archaeology
- Anson Engine Museum
- Armley Mills Industrial Museum
- Big Pit National Coal Museum
- Industrial archaeology of Dartmoor
- Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust
- Prestongrange Industrial Heritage Museum, East Lothian, Scotland
- Prickwillow Museum
- Rhondda Heritage Park
- Scottish Industrial Railway Centre
- Stretham Old Engine
- European Route of Industrial Heritage
- The Industrial Heritage Trail, Ruhr, Germany
- Ore Mountain Mining Region, Germany/Czech Republic
- Pythagoras Mechanical Workshop Museum, Norrtälje, Sweden
- Industrial heritage of Barbados
- Melbourne Steam Traction Engine Club, Australia
- Soulé Steam Feed Works, USA
- Asian Route of Industrial Heritage
- The Modern Industrial Heritage Sites in Kyushu and Yamaguchi, Japan
- The Tomioka Silk Mill and Related Industrial Heritage, Japan
- Douet, J, (ed.). Industrial Heritage Re-tooled: The TICCIH guide to Industrial Heritage Conservation. Lancaster: Carnegie. 2012. pp. 244 ISBN 978-1-85936-218-1
- Itzen, P., Müller, Chr. (eds.), The Invention of Industrial Pasts: Heritage, political culture and economic debates in Great Britain and Germany, 1850-2010, Augsburg: Wissner. 2013. pp. 184 ISBN 978-3-89639-910-6.
- Oevermann, H., Mieg, H. A. (ed.). Industrial Heritage Sites in Transformation: Clash of Discourses. London, New York: Routledge. 2014. pp. 222 ISBN 978-0415745284.
- Alonso González, Pablo. Industrial Heritage and Place Identity in Spain: From Monuments to Landscapes. Geographical Review, 102(4), 446-464. https://www.academia.edu/2062638/Industrial_Heritage_and_Place_Identity_in_Spain_From_Monuments_to_Landscapes.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Industrial heritage.|
- "Industrial Heritage in All Regions", a list of links to industrial heritage sites in Great Britain, at Aboutbritain.com
- archeologiaindustriale.net, Project for the Italian Industrial Heritage promotion.
|This history article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|