|Developer(s)||Intel Developer Products|
XE 2017 / September 6, 2016
|Operating system||Windows and Linux|
|Type||[Memory debugger] and Thread debugger|
- Reliability: Find deadlocks and memory errors that cause lockups & crashes
- Security: Find memory and threading vulnerabilities used by hackers
- Accuracy: Identify memory corruption and race conditions to eliminate erroneous results
Memory checking includes memory leaks, dangling pointers, uninitialized variables, use of invalid memory references, mismatched memory, allocation and deallocation, stack memory checks, and stack trace with controllable stack trace depth
Thread checking includes race conditions, deadlocks, depth configurable call stack analysis, diagnostic guidance, built-in knowledge of Threading Building Blocks (TBB), OpenMP, and POSIX or Win32 threads.
It is available as part of Intel Parallel Studio.
- It does not support GNU OpenMP runtime and may report false positives for OpenMP codes compiled by GCC.
- Intel Parallel Studio XE
- Intel Advisor - vectorization optimization and thread prototyping tool
- Intel VTune Amplifier - performance profiler
- Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library (DAAL)
- Intel Integrated Performance Primitives (IPP)
- Intel Math Kernel Library (MKL)
- Intel Threading Building Blocks (TBB)
- Intel Developer Zone (Intel DZ; support and discussion)
- Memory debugger
- Memory leak