International College of Management, Sydney
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|International College of Tourism and Hotel Management|
|Motto||Strive for Excellence|
|Chairman||Darryl Courtney O'Connor|
|President||Dr Dominic Szambowski|
|Location||Manly, New South Wales, Australia|
60,000 Sq Feet
|Colours||Blue, yellow and red|
|Sports||Rugby union, netball, futsal|
|Affiliations||"César Ritz" Colleges Switzerlandv|
The International College of Management, Sydney (ICMS) is a higher education provider offering Degree, Postgraduate and Diploma programs. Courses at ICMS are built on the strong belief that learning should combine practical work and a strong theoretical foundation and all undergraduate courses include up to nine months of industry training.
The ICMS campus is situated on Sydney Harbour's North Head on St Patrick's Estate overlooking Manly Beach. The historic site is surrounded by 20 hectares of parklands and has extensive campus facilities.
The building which houses ICMS was originally built in 1885 as St Patrick's Seminary, Manly. The building is made from stone initially quarried from North Head with the finer stone coming from Pyrmont by boat. The College stands at four storeys high with a six level central bell tower and covers 60,000 square feet (5,600 m2).
The College offers:
- Bachelor of Business Management
- Bachelor of Event Management
- Bachelor of Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of International Tourism
- Bachelor of Property (Development, Investment and Valuation)
- Bachelor of Sports Management
- Diploma of Business Management
- Diploma of Event Management
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Diploma of International Tourism
- Diploma of Property Management
- Diploma of Sports Management
- Master of International Business
- Master of Management (Tourism and Hospitality)
- Master of Management (Management and Organisations)
- Graduate Certificate of Business
ICMS is affiliated with the hotel school "Cesar Ritz Colleges" in Switzerland, and "Queenstown Resort College". Students at ICMS have the opportunity to study abroad at either the "Cesar Ritz", "Queenstown Resort College" or go on exchange to San Francisco State University or Johnson & Wales University in the United States of America.
ICMS was winner of the 2007 Australian Tourism Award for Excellence in Tourism Education & Training and the 2006 and 2008 Premiers Export Award for Education as well as two Australian Business Awards in 2009.
Governance and Leadership
The governing authority of the International College of Management Sydney (ICMS) is the ICMS Board of Directors. Members of the ICMS Board of Directors set the strategic direction of the institution, ensuring the College is financially viable, formulates policy and monitors overall performance. The ICMS Board of Directors ensures the integrity of annual financial statements, managing legal and business risk and monitoring compliance with various laws and regulations.
The ICMS Board of Directors appoints the College's Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and delegates the operational aspects of managing the College to the CEO, who has responsibility for the overall direction of strategic planning, finance and external affairs. The CEO is supported by an Executive Management Group. This senior management group provides advice on policy and administrative matters relating to their areas of responsibility within the College.
The Academic Board of ICMS has responsibilities defined and described in its terms of reference and the College's quality assurance framework. The Academic Board is the principal academic authority of the College and recommends new programs, regulations and policy to the ICMS Board and establishes procedures related to higher education.
- "Industry Training | International College of Management, Sydney". www.icms.edu.au. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "Study Abroad & Exchange Programs | International College of Management, Sydney". www.icms.edu.au. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "Staff | International College of Management, Sydney". www.icms.edu.au. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "Academic Board | International College of Management, Sydney". www.icms.edu.au. Retrieved 2016-02-01.