International Democratic Education Conference
||This article may contain improper references to self-published sources. (March 2013)|
|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (March 2013)|
IDEC was first held in 1993, and has been held in all subsequent years except for 2001 (see notes). The length of the conferences has varied between two days for the first event and 15 days in 1997. The purpose of each conference has been decided by the school that is organising it.
|Internal Democratic Education Conference details|
|Year||Host school||Location||Participating countries|
|1993||The Democratic School of Hadera||Israel||Austria, Israel, UK, USA|
|1994||Sands School||England||Austria, Israel, UK|
|1995||The WUK||Vienna, Austria||Austria, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Norway, UK, USA|
|1996||The Democratic School of Hadera||Israel||Australia, Austria, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Palestine, Ukraine, UK, USA|
|1997||Sands School||England||Austria, France, Germany, Israel, Japan, Palestine, Turkey, New Zealand, Ukraine, UK, USA|
|1998||The Stork Family School||Vinnitsa, Ukraine||Germany, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Poland, Russia, UK, Ukraine, USA|
|1999||Summerhill School||Leiston, Suffolk, England||Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Greece, Japan, Israel, Netherlands, New Zealand, Palestine, UK, US|
|2000||Tokyo Shure||Japan||Australia, China, Germany, Guatemala, Hungary, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Palestine, the Philippines, Poland, Russia, Thailand, UK, Ukraine, USA|
|2001||Institute of Democratic Education||Israel and Palestine||Germany, Israel, Palestine|
|2002||Tamariki School||Christchurch, New Zealand||Australia, Germany, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, Nepal, UK, USA|
|2003||Albany Free School,
Alternative Education Resource Organization
|USA||Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Guatemala, Hungary, India, Israel, Japan, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Palestine, Poland, Russia, South Africa, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, Ukraine, USA|
|2004||SchoolScape||Bhubaneshwar, India||Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, Nepal, New Zealand, South Africa, Thailand, UK, USA|
|2005||K.R.A.T.Z.A.||Berlin, Germany||Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Lesotho, Nepal, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, UK, Ukraine, USA.|
|2006||Australasian Association for Progressive and Alternative Education (AAPAE)||Sydney, Australia||Australia, Burma/Myanmar, Canada, Germany, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, Nepal, New Zealand, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, UK, USA|
|2007||Institute for Democratic Education (Politeia),
World Education Forum,
Mogi das Cruzes
|Brasil||Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Portugal, Spain, Ukraine, USA.|
|2008||SANE||Vancouver, Canada||Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Palestine, Peru, Russia, South Africa, South Korea, UK, USA|
|2009||People's Solidarity for Alternative Education,
Korean Parents's Association for Alternative Education,
Seoul Alternative Learning Community Network
|Seoul, South Korea||Canada, Germany, Israel, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and the USA|
|2010||Institute of Democratic Education||Tel Aviv, Israel||Australia, Austria, Brazil, Japan, Korea, Poland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Turkey, UK, Ukraine, USA|
|2011||Sands School||United Kingdom|
|2012||Nuestra Escuela ||Puerto Rico||TBD|
|2013||The Patchwork School ||Colorado, USA||TBD|
|2015||Ako-ā-Rongo Trust||Nelson, New Zealand||TBD|
- IDEC 2001: The conference was to be held jointly and co-hosted by the Institute of Democratic Education in Israel and the Hope Flowers School in Palestine, but the international situation reduced it to a comparatively small event, attended mainly by Israelis, Palestinians and Germans; for that situation they was decided to call this conference the “Israeli Democratic Education Conference”.
- IDEC 2009: The conference was cancelled due to H1N1
- IDEC 2012: For the very first time, the IDEC conference will be held in the Caribbean at Puerto Rico, a Commonwealth (unincorporated territory) of the United States.
- Summerhill School
- European Democratic Education Conference
- European Democratic Education Community
- Democratic education
- List of democratic schools
- International Democratic Education Network - further information and a data-base of democratic schools
- IDEC 2003 was held in Troy, New York, USA
- IDEC 2004 was held in Bhubaneshwar, India, from Dec 3rd to Dec 12th 2004
- IDEC 2005 was held in Berlin, Germany, July 30 to Aug 7th 2005
- IDEC 2006 was held in Sydney, Australia, July 10 to July 16, 2006
- IDEC 2007 was held in São Paulo, Brazil, September 8 to 16 2007
- IDEC 2008 was held in Vancouver, Canada, August 11 to 18 2008
- IDEC 2009 was to have been held in South Korea, August 1 to 8 2009
- IDEC 2010 was held in Tel-Aviv, Israel, April 6 to 13 2010
- IDEC@EUDEC 2011 was held in Devon, England, July 5 to 14 2011
- IDEC 2012 was held in Caguas, Puerto Rico, March 24 to 28 2012.
- Sands School official website. Retrieved 1/15/09.
- The WUK official website. Retrieved 1/15/09.
- Tokyo Shure official website. Retrieved 1/15/09.
- Australasian Association for Progressive and Alternative Education official website. Retrieved 1/15/09.
- Politieia official website. Retrieved 1/15/09.
- Nuestra Escuela: A School with a Mission of Love - IDEA, Institute for Democratic Education in America
- IDEC 2012 - Caguas, Puerto Rico - Official website
- IDEC 2013 - Boulder, Colorado, USA - Official website
- IDEN: IDEC : International Democratic Education Conference general information
- Notice | IDEC 2009 KOREA official website. Retrieved 9/10/09.