International Dwarf Fashion Show
|Founded||New York City, U.S. (2014)|
|Founders||Creative Business House & Donnons Leur Une Chance|
|Myriam Chalek (founder)|
The International Dwarf Fashion Show also known as The National Dwarf Fashion Show is a non-profit organization which seeks to empower and raise awareness to people living with dwarfism by putting on fashion shows consisting entirely of people living with dwarfism. They are best known for their contribution to fashion week in Paris, New York and Berlin.
After seeing a dwarf woman struggling to find appropriate clothes, CEO of CBH Model Management Myriam Chalek decided she wanted to raise awareness about achondroplasia (a form of dwarfism) by exposing the fashion and modeling industry to the unexplored market of dwarfism.
Chalek and the nonprofit Donnons Leur Une Chance founded The Dwarf Fashion Show, consisting entirely of dwarf models. The Dwarf Fashion Show took part in Paris's annual fashion week and received extensive media coverage.
In 2015, due to the heightened success of The Dwarf Fashion Show, Chalek took what was supposed to be a single event and created the non-profit The International Dwarf Fashion show.
The mission of the International Dwarf Fashion Show is “to reverse the discriminatory diktats of beauty and to give the opportunity to little people to express themselves by bringing an innovative perspective to the fashion industry.
Involvement in Fashion Weeks
- Paris Fashion Week, September 27, 2014: In collaboration with the French non profit Donnons leur une chance association, CBH model management and Creative Business House, the International Dwarf Fashion Show makes its debut at the Pavillon Gariel during Paris Fashion Week.
- New York Fashion Week, February 12, 2015: The International Dwarf Fashion Show opened as part of New York City Fashion Week and featured Jordanna James, dancer of Miley Cyrus and celebrity cast of the TV show Little Women New York in a "Dollar Dress" made entirely of real $100 bills. Also walking was Misty Irwin, a celebrity guest of Little Women New York.
- Berlin Fashion Week, July 11, 2015: Berlin based fashion designer Sema Gedik presented a street wear collection called "Auf Augenhöhe" ("At Eylevel") for people with dwarfism. She credits her cousin (who has achondroplasia) as a source of inspiration. 
- Paris Fashion Week, October 2, 2015: Fifteen dwarfin models showing off sparkly cocktail and evening dresses walked the runway at the Grand Room at the French Ministry of Culture as part of a government supportive initiative to promote alternative standards of beauty in an industry than values tall and thin.
- Tokyo Fashion Week, October 26, 2016 : The International Dwarf Fashion Show expands to Asia. Little women models from the US, Britain walk the runway with little Japanese women during the Amazon Fashion Week held in Shibuya.
- Arab Fashion Week, After overcoming both logistical issues and various rumors the International Dwarf Fashion Show took part in Arab Fashion week. Seven models walked the runway in the United Arab Emirates city of Dubai in order to raise awareness for the need for more inclusivity in the fashion industry. 
A special show at the White House to commemorate the passing of the Americans with Disabilities Act is being planned. .
- Goorwick, Slam (3 October 2015). "Dwarf fashion show hits Paris to show that it's not height that makes you a model". Metro. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "OMG! A Dwarf Fashion Show Just Hit Paris And It's Breaking Down Barriers In The Fashion Industry". Star Central Magazine. 13 October 2015. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Fashion Week: small size models parade in Paris". RTL. 13 October 2015. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- Michel, Franziska. "Auf Augenhöhe – eine Kollektion für Kleinwüchsige Menschen von Sema Gedik". 21 July 2015. fashionstreet-berlin.de. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- Stark, Stephanie (13 February 2015). "The Dwarf Fashion Show Debuts in New York City". Glammonitor.com. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- Emeline Richardin (IEJ) (1 October 2014). "Défilé de mannequins nains pour la Fashion Week". LeJDD.fr. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- ""Comme le monde est petit" : une initiative de taille pendant la Fashion Week". France 24 blog. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- West, Redazione. "Paris fashion week to feature dwarf models". 22 September 2014. west-info.eu. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- "About". The Dwarf Fashion Show. Retrieved 2015-12-31.
- "Le Petite – New York Fashion Week with a Twist!". worldwidereign.com. 17 February 2015. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- Erin, M (7 May 2015). "Little Women NY Recap The Little People Fashion Show". Reality Tea. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- "Dwarf models storm Paris Fashion Week to set new standards of 'beauty'". indiatvnews.com. India TV. Retrieved 2015-12-31.
- "Shine on, sisters! Short-statured models take coveted Paris catwalk by storm". RT. 4 October 2015. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Watching Audience Members and Journalists Embarrass Themselves at a Dwarf Fashion Show in Paris". VICE. 14 October 2015. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- Freeman, Thomas (3 October 2015). "FASHION SHOW SPOTLIGHTING LITTLE PEOPLE RULES PARIS FASHION WEEK". Maxim. Retrieved 30 December 2015.
- "French Ministry hosts dwarf fashion show". Fox News. 3 October 2015. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Dwarf Runway Show in France Highlights Alternative Beauty Standards". NBC Bay Area. 13 October 2015. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "From envy to epiphany: Japanese woman with dwarfism follows fashion dreams". The Japan Times. 2017-06-28. Retrieved 2017-07-19.
- "In pictures: International Dwarf Fashion show take place in Dubai". ArabianBusiness.com. Retrieved 2017-07-17.
- "Arab Fashion Week brings unisex minimalism to Dubai". www.geo.tv. Retrieved 2017-09-21.