Interpretation Act (with its variations) is a stock short title used for legislation in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom relating to interpretation of legislation. The Bill for an Act with this short title will have been known as the Interpretation Bill during its passage through Parliament.
Interpretation Acts may be a generic name either for legislation bearing that short title or for all legislation which relates to interpretation.
- The Interpretation Act, RSC 1985, c I-21
Republic of Ireland
- The Interpretation Act 1923
- The Interpretation Act 1937
- The Interpretation (Amendment) Act 1993
- The Interpretation (Amendment) Act 1997
- The Interpretation Act 2005
- The Interpretation Act 1889
- The Laying of Documents Before Parliament (Interpretation) Act 1948
- The Interpretation Act 1978
Act of the Scottish Parliament
Act of the Parliament of Northern Ireland
Measure of the Church Assembly
- Loveland, Ian. Constitutional Law, Administrative Law and Human Rights. Third Edition. Butterworths. 2003. Page 67.