Early life and education
Iretiola was born on the 3rd of May 1967 in Ondo State but spent her early years with her family in Boston, United States. After returning to Nigeria, she attended Christ's School Ado Ekiti and graduated from the University of Jos with a degree in Theatre Arts.
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: The way section is written doesn’t follow MOS (December 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In a career that has spanned two decades in the Nigerian entertainment industry, her credits cut across stage, television and film and print.
Iretiola Doyle is a writer, actor, producer and presenter.She produced and presented her own fashion and lifestyle show titled Oge With Iretiola for ten years and at different times anchored several television shows, like Morning Ride, Today On STV and Nimasa This Week on Channels TV. She is a writer and has several screen plays to her credits Amaka Igwe's Tempest (Season 1) being one of them.
Iretiola Doyle is a social commentator who at different times penned different columns; Shooting Breeze in City People, and In The Chat Room in the Gliteratti pull-out of this This Day Newspaper and Tiola's Take in the Saturday Vanguard. She has been nominated once in the Best Actress category at the Reel Awards in 1998 for her role in the movie All About Ere and twice in the Best Actress in a Supporting Role category at the AMAA Awards in 2007 and 2009 for her roles in Sitanda and Across The Niger respectively and was declared Best Actress in a lead role at the GIAMA Awards in Houston Texas in 2013, and Best Actress in a lead role at the 2014 Nollywood Movie Awards for her portrayal of Ovo, in the psychological thriller Torn. This performance also earned her an African Magic Viewers' Choice Awards Nomination for Best Supporting Actress in 2015. Most recently she has been nominated at the 2016 Africa Movie Academy Awards in the Best Actress In A Leading Role category for her portrayal of Dr. Elizabeth in Ebony Life Films’ blockbuster 2015 hit; FIFTY. Iretiola Doyle's acting CV also includes the critical darling The Arbitration and The Wedding Party, which is the highest grossing Nigerian film in Nigerian cinema history (as of February 2017). Both films screened at the 2016 Toronto International Film Festival as part of the city to city spotlight. Others include Dinner and Madam President. On tetelevision, sheas created memorable characters on shows like Fuji House Of Commotion, Dowry, and Gidi Up. Iretiola currently stars as the enigmatic Sheila Ade-Williams in the MNET television series Tinsel. IrIretiolaoyle will be reprising her role as Dr. Elizabeth in the upcoming Fifty TV series. Her most recent stage credits include The Vagina Monologues, Olorounbi The Musical and Hear Word and The Wives. Described as an 'actor's actor' by her peers, she is known for pitch perfect performances.
She is married to Patrick Doyle and has six children
- Across the Niger
- The Therapist (2015)
- Fifty (2015)
- The Arbitration (2016)
- The Wedding Party (2016)
- Dinner (2016)
- The Wedding Party 2 (2017)
- Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons (2018)
- Kasanova (2019)
- For Colored Girls shouldn't be confused with Tyler Perry's 2010 film of the same name. It is actually the Nigerian adaptation of the American stage play, For colored girls who have considered suicide / when the rainbow is enuf.
- "Patrick took his time convincing me to date him –Iretiola Doyle". dailyindependentnig.com. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "I love tattoos –Ireti Doyle". punchng.com. Archived from the original on 11 August 2014. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "N Saturday Celebrity Interview: In Her 40s and Proud, Tinsel Star Actress Ireti Doyle Steps into Her Own! An Intimate Interview on Teenage Pregnancy, Motherhood & Family". bellanaija.com. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "HOW MY BOSS BECAME MY HUSBAND..........IRETIOLA OLUSOLA AYINKE DOYLE". Modern Ghana. November 2, 2008. Retrieved October 25, 2014.
- "Oge with Iretiola". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2017-12-22.
- "AMAA 2016 Nomination List". www.ama-awards.com. Retrieved 2017-12-22.
- "IRETI DOYLE – Fifty". fiftythemovie.com. Retrieved 2017-12-22.
- "TIFF 2016: The Arbitration". Cinema Axis. 2016-09-15. Retrieved 2017-12-22.
- TIFF Trailers (2016-08-16), THE ARBITRATION Trailer | Festival 2016, retrieved 2017-12-22
- "How TIFF stood still for 'Wedding Party' - Vanguard News". Vanguard News. 2016-09-17. Retrieved 2017-12-22.
- "EXCLUSIVE: "The Wedding Party" will PREMIERE on the Opening Night of the 2016 Toronto International Film Festival | Watch the Trailer on BN - BellaNaija". www.bellanaija.com. Retrieved 2017-12-22.
- Orubo, Daniel (2016-12-09). "Watch Ireti Doyle shine in the political thriller, 'Madam President'". Konbini Nigeria. Retrieved 2017-12-22.
- Fuji House of Commotion (2016-12-02), Nollywood Comedy Series: Fuji House of commotion - Love's Final Exam, retrieved 2017-12-22
- "First Look at Season 2 of Ndani TV's "Gidi Up" Series - BellaNaija". www.bellanaija.com. Retrieved 2017-12-22.
- "Ireti Doyle speaks on motherhood and Parenting". Myne Whiteman writes. Retrieved October 24, 2014.
- "Monalisa Chinda, Lisa Omorodion, Ireti Doyle star in upcoming movie". Pulse Nigeria. Chidumga Izuzu. Retrieved 19 May 2015.