Iron Front: Liberation 1944
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Iron Front: Liberation 1944|
Cover art for Iron Front: Liberation 1944
|Developer(s)||X1 Software, AWAR|
|Engine||Real Virtuality 3|
|Release date(s)||May 25, 2012|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, co-op, multiplayer|
Iron Front: Liberation 1944 is a tactical shooter video game set in World War II Eastern Front. It features both German and Soviet singleplayer campaigns. The game was developed by X1 Software and AWAR on Bohemia Interactive's Real Virtuality engine. It was released May 25, 2012 for Microsoft Windows.
Iron Front: Liberation 1944 is set in Southern Poland during Soviet summer offensive. The single player campaign can be played from either German or Soviet perspective. The Soviet campaign focuses on breaking through enemy's defenses. On the German side, the mission is to slow down the advance of the Soviet army. Campaigns start with infantry action but later on the player gets to control tanks and planes. These include for example Panzerkampfwagen IV, Königstiger, IS-2, Focke Wulf 190, Stuka and Petlyakov PE-2.
The game also includes a comprehensive and extensive mission editor, enabling players to create their own missions and share them online. Modding possibilities in Iron Front: Liberation 1944 are more restricted compared to its parent game ARMA 2. Addons and mods must be released with consent of developers as a free or paid DLC.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2013)|
- Craig Pearson (16 March 2012). "In The Arma Now: Iron Front – Liberation 1944 Out In May". Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- "Arma 2 Tech Enters World War II". 18 May 2012. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- "Iron Front: Liberation 1944 - New Screens". 19 December 2011. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- Joe Robinson (5 June 2012). "Iron Front - Liberation 1944 Review (PC)". Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- "Iron Front: Liberation 1944 - Modding possibilities Announcement". 1 June 2012. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- Neigher, Eric. "Iron Front: Liberation 1944 Review". Gamespot. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- "Iron Front: Liberation 1944 at Metacritic". Metacritic. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
|This tactical shooter article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|