This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
iSocket is a technology platform designed to simplify guaranteed media sales. It is notable as the first company to facilitate the programmatic buying of direct, guaranteed display ad inventory.
iSocket has two products: iSocket for Publishers (iFP) and iSocket for Advertisers (iFA). iFP is a suite of sales automation and programmatic direct tools that help publisher sales teams streamline the direct sales process. iFA is an automated buying tool that makes it easier for agencies, and brands to buy well-defined, guaranteed inventory directly from publishers in the iSocket catalog. Through automation, iSocket is able to eliminate many of the errors and overhead costs that plague the manual media sales process.
iSocket was founded in 2008 and is located in San Francisco, California with additional offices in New York City. In 2011, Google's DoubleClick For Publishers ad server partnered with isocket to bring direct sales into the DFP platform. In October 2011, after the rise of programmatic real-time bidding for remnant display ad inventory through APIs, isocket announced the first API platform for premium inventory. This gave advertisers the ability to find and buy direct, guaranteed advertising through an API for the first time.
In November 2014, iSocket was acquired by the publicly traded company Rubicon Project. 
- "So Long Federated Media, And Thanks For All The Fish". TechCrunch. 2009-05-08. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- "isocket Lays Down Display Ad Futures, Programmatic Buying Gauntlet". AdExchanger. 2011-09-29. Retrieved 2012-01-10.
- "Self-Service Ad Platform isocket Grabs More Funding; Partners With Google; Steals Rubicon Exec". Techcrunch. 2011-09-28. Retrieved 2012-01-10.
- "Launching BuyAds Platform With Industry-First Programmatic Direct Sales". isocket. 2011-09-28. Retrieved 2012-01-10.
- "Answers Served: isocket Brings Programmatic Buying To Class 1 Inventory". Adotas. 2011-10-5. Retrieved 2012-1-29.
- "isocket Nabs $8M From Foundry, Tim Draper & More To Bring Modern Tech, APIs To Premium Online Advertising" TechCrunch 2012-10-31. Retrieved 2013-7-19.
- "ISocket Reaps $5M In Funding As Publishers Flock To Programmatic Direct" AdExchanger 2014-2-10. Retrieved 2014-2-10.
- "Rubicon Project Buys iSocket to Automate Ad Buys" Wall Street Journal 2014-11-17. Retrieved 2014-11-17.