Iván Rodríguez Traverzo
|Iván A. Rodríguez Traverso|
|Member of the Puerto Rico House of Representatives from the 16th District|
January 2, 2009 – December 10, 2010
|Preceded by||Sergio Ortíz Quiñones|
|Succeeded by||Eric Alfaro|
|Born||Iván Ariel Rodríguez Traverso
September 29, 1975
San Juan, Puerto Rico
|Political party||New Progressive Party|
|Alma mater||University of Puerto Rico|
Iván Ariel Rodríguez Traverso (born September 29, 1975) is a Puerto Rican politician who served as a Member of the House of Representatives of Puerto Rico. He represented the 16th Representative District, composed of the towns of Isabela, San Sebastian, and Las Marías. Traverzo is affiliated with the pro-statehood New Progressive Party of Puerto Rico (NPP).
He was expelled from the House of Representatives on December 10, 2010 after accusations of bribery, becoming only the fourth legislator to be expelled from the Puerto Rico Legislative assembly. During the trial against him, he was briefly represented by former PNP legislator, Nicolás Nogueras.
- Elecciones Generales 2004: Representantes Distrito 16 on CEEPUR
- Elecciones Generales 2008: Representantes Distrito 16 on CEEPUR
- "Informe de pesquisa contra Iván Rodríguez Traverzo está a punto de caramelo". Primera Hora (Puerto Rico). 15 December 2010. Retrieved 26 December 2010.
- Rivera, Maricarmen (February 25, 2011). "Rodríguez Traverzo también se queda sin abogado". El Vocero.
- "Emiten orden de arresto contra Rodríguez Traverso". El Nuevo Día. January 27, 2012.
- Rivera, Daniel and Sandra Caquías (January 31, 2012). "Va preso Rodriguez Traverzo". El Nuevo Día.