Location within Les Laurentides RCM
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Constituted||January 1, 2006|
|• Mayor||Daniel Charette|
|• Federal riding||Laurentides—Labelle|
|• Prov. riding||Bertrand|
|• Total||34.70 km2 (13.40 sq mi)|
|• Land||30.64 km2 (11.83 sq mi)|
|• Density||13.9/km2 (36/sq mi)|
|• Pop 2006-2011||7.1%|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
|Highways||Route 117 (TCH)|
Ivry-sur-le-Lac is a village and municipality in the Laurentides region of Quebec, Canada, part of the Les Laurentides Regional County Municipality. The municipality completely encompasses Lake Manitou which is a popular cottage vacation location.
The village of Ivry-sur-le-Lac is located at the head of the north-east bay (Lacasse Bay), and the hamlet of Lac-Manitou-Sud is at the head of the south-east bay of Lake Manitou.
From 1852 onwards, settlers came to the shores of Lake Manitou because of its beauty. In 1891, Countess Angela Ogier d'Ivry, from Le Mans (France), bought a farm for her son Viscount Raoul Ogier d'Ivry, who chose the name of the new municipality which formed in 1912 by separating from the parishes of Sainte-Agathe and Saint-Faustin. The post office opened in 1903, designated as Lac-Manitou until 1913 and as Ivry-Nord until 1958.
- Population in 2011: 425 (2006 to 2011 population change: 7.1%)
- Population in 2006: 397
- Population in 2001: 401
- Population in 1996: 346
- Population in 1991: 311
Private dwellings occupied by usual residents: 185 (total dwellings: 413)
- English as first language: 37.5%
- French as first language: 60%
- Other as first language: 2.5%
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2017)
- Reference number 388480 of the Commission de toponymie du Québec (in French)
- Geographic code 78042 in the official Répertoire des municipalités (in French)
- "(Code 2478042) Census Profile". 2011 census. Statistics Canada. 2012.
- "Lac-Manitou-Sud" (in French). Commission de toponymie du Québec. Retrieved 2009-03-27.
- "Ivry-sur-le-Lac (Municipalité)" (in French). Commission de toponymie du Québec. Retrieved 2009-03-27.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011 census
- "About Us." Saint Agathe Academy. Retrieved on September 4, 2017. See Elementary zone map and Secondary zone map - Note that all areas covered in the elementary map are also covered in the secondary one.
- Media related to Ivry-sur-le-Lac at Wikimedia Commons