Ivy and Bean
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In the stories, Ivy (a quiet, intellectual child) and Bean (a rambunctious child) become fast friends despite their differences and their initial reluctance to like each other – "two friends who never meant to like each other", as the tagline for the series goes. They are both 7-year-old girls who live on a cul-de-sac in a suburban environment on Pancake Court, in an unnamed town. In each book they get into considerable mischief, and have wild adventures with the other characters in the neighborhood.
The books feature illustrations, but are not picture books; the reading level is suitable for middle grade school readers. As of 2017, there are ten volumes in the series.
- Ivy: A quiet, intelligent child who loves reading books. She has fiery orange hair and is always wearing a pink, purple, or blue headband. Ivy can be described as a girly girl since she is always wearing skirts and dresses. Her favorite color is pink.
- Bean/ Bernice Blue: A girl who is totally different from Ivy. She is very rebellious, rambunctious, and devious. Bean has blackish brown hair and hates wearing any kind of dresses or skirts being a tomboy. She loves the color green.
- Nancy: Bean's prissy eleven-year-old sister. She is always annoying Bean and attempting to get both girls into trouble.
- Leo: A boy who attends Ivy and Bean's school. He likes to tease both Ivy and Bean, but mostly Ivy. It is possible that he has a crush on her.
- ZuZu: One of Ivy and Bean's friends from school who loves pink and is obsessed with penguins.
- Katrine: Ivy's mother.
The books in the series are:
- Ivy and Bean (April 2006)
- Ivy and Bean and the Ghost That Had to Go (October 2006)
- Ivy and Bean Break the Fossil Record (August 2007)
- Ivy and Bean Take Care of the Babysitter (April 2008)
- Ivy and Bean: Bound to Be Bad (October 2008)
- Ivy and Bean: Doomed to Dance (September 2009)
- Ivy and Bean: What's the Big Idea? (September 2010)
- Ivy and Bean: No News Is Good News (October 2011)
- Ivy and Bean: Make the Rules (August 2012)
- Ivy and Bean: Take the Case (August 2013)
In October 2016, the Ivy & Bean Facebook page announced that Book 11 is coming in Spring 2018.
- http://www.chroniclebooks.com/landing-pages/ivyandbean/fanclub.html - this may not be WP:npov