|Elevation||4,101 ft (1,250 m)|
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
|Area code(s)||458 and 541|
Izee is an unincorporated community in Grant County, Oregon, United States. Its post office operated from November 6, 1889 to July 31, 1954 and the first postmaster was Carlos W. Bonham. The community was so named because a rancher there branded his cattle with the letters I. Z.
- "Izee". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. November 28, 1980. Retrieved December 26, 2010.
- McArthur, Lewis A.; McArthur, Lewis L. (2003) . Oregon Geographic Names (7th ed.). Portland, Oregon: Oregon Historical Society Press. ISBN 978-0875952772.[page needed]
- Moyer, Armond; Moyer, Winifred (1958). The origins of unusual place-names. Keystone Pub. Associates. p. 70.
- Photo of the Izee School courtesy of Curtis Irish
- Photo of the Izee Community Hall courtesy of Curtis Irish
- Photo of sunrise near Izee by Stren
|This Grant County, Oregon state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|