J. J. Birden
|No. 88, 89|
|Date of birth:||June 16, 1965|
|Place of birth:||Portland, Oregon|
|NFL Draft:||1988 / Round: 8 / Pick: 216
(By the Cleveland Browns)
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
A 5'10", 157-lb. wide receiver, Birden graduated from Lakeridge High School in Lake Oswego, Oregon and the University of Oregon. He played in 9 NFL seasons for the Kansas City Chiefs and Atlanta Falcons from 1988 to 1996.
- 1985: 3 catches for 39 yards
- 1987: 19 catches for 399 yards and 1 TD; his QB was Bill Musgrave
Following his football career, Birden became an executive for Xocai with Team X 88. Later he became a distributor of Isagenix health and wellness products.
In 2010, Birden was inducted into the University of Oregon's Athletic Hall of Fame for his performance on the Ducks' 1985 Track and Field NCAA Championship team.
- Newell, Cliff (2008-07-03). "Birden sees plenty of success after pro football career". Lake Oswego Review. Retrieved 2008-07-08.
- NFL.com player page
- JJ Birden's Personal Website
- Isagenix Top Leader
- JJ's bestselling book, "When Opportunity Knocks 8 Surefire Ways to Take Advantage!
|This biographical article relating to an American football wide receiver born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|