J. Michael Steele
John Michael Steele is C.F. Koo Professor of Statistics at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, and he was previously affiliated with Stanford University, Columbia University and Princeton University.
Steele was elected the 2009 president of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics.
He has won various awards which include:
- Fellow, Institute for Mathematical Statistics, 1984;
- Fellow, American Statistical Association, 1989;
- Frank Wilcoxon Prize, American Society for Quality Control and the American Statistical Association, 1990
His books include:
- The Cauchy–Schwarz Master Class: An Introduction to the Art of Mathematical Inequalities
- Stochastic Calculus and Financial Applications
- Probability Theory and Combinatorial Optimization
|This article about an American mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|