|Birth name||Jennifer Judy Kellner|
October 19, 1980 |
San Jose, California
|Genres||Folk music, contemporary Christian music|
|Labels||Stone Table Records|
|Associated acts||Dave Heller|
Jennifer Judy "JJ" Heller (born October 19, 1980, née Kellner) is an American Christian folk singer. After releasing multiple albums, she had two songs that charted. "Your Hands" from her 2008 album Painted Red and "What Love Really Means" from the album When I'm with You both peaked at number 13.
Heller grew up in San Jose, California in a family with strong Christian values. She didn't listen to music much as a child. She attended high school at Valley Christian High School and then went on to attend college at San Jose Christian College (now William Jessup University) and began writing songs in her second year. She joined a band which played at coffee shops in the area; the band included her future husband Dave Heller. He continues to collaborate with writing, recording and producing her works.
Heller released her next album When I'm with You in 2010 and it charted, peaking at number 33 on Billboard's Christian Albums. She released "What Love Really Means" as the first single from the album and it peaked at number 13 on the Billboard Singles chart. In 2011 she released her Deeper album, which is a collection of acoustic songs, which were put aside to allow her to release the more pop-oriented When I'm with You. When I'm With You was covered by Jennifer Love Hewitt's character "Riley Parks" on Season 2 Episode 6 of "The Client List" entitled "Unanswered Prayers". The shortened cover was released on iTunes on April 9, 2013.
|2004||Songs That I Know||—||—||—|
|2005||Collection of Thoughts (EP)||—||—||—|
|2006||Only Love Remains||—||—||—|
|2007||Wake Up the World (Christmas EP)||—||—||—|
|2007||The Pretty & The Plain||—||—||—|
|2010||When I'm with You||33||9||19|
|2014||I Dream of You||—||23||43|
|2015||Sound of a Living Heart||15||16||—|
|2016||Unto Us (Christmas album)||23||24||11|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
|2010||"What Love Really Means"||13||When I'm with You|
|2009||"Your Hands"||13||Painted Red|
|2011||The City Harmonic||I Have a Dream (It Feels Like Home)||
"Holy (Wedding Day)"
- "JJ Heller Interview". ChristianMusic.com. Retrieved February 22, 2012.
- "Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved February 22, 2012.
- "Billboard singles". AllMusic. Retrieved February 22, 2012.
- "JJ Heller album charts". AllMusic. Retrieved February 22, 2012.
- Barbee, Ryan. "Deeper Review". Jesus Freak Hideout. Retrieved February 23, 2012.
- Jones, Jennifer E. "JJ Heller: The Pen of A Ready Songwriter". Christian Broadcasting Network. Retrieved February 22, 2012.
- Wilson, Holly. "J.J. Heller’s poetic style noted on secular folk chart". Christian Examiner. Retrieved 23 February 2012.