This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Origin||Islip, Long Island, New York|
|Genres||East Coast hip hop|
|Associated acts||Boogie Down Productions|
DJ Curt Cazal
JVC Force is an American hip hop group from Islip, New York. The group consists of MCs AJ Rok & B-Luv, and DJ Curt Cazal. They are probably best known for their hit single "Strong Island", which became an underground hit in the 80's.
JVC Force is an acronym which stands for (Justified by Virtue of Creativity for All Reasons Concerning Entertainment). The acronym was supposed to reduce the risk of legal action from electronics firm JVC.
They were signed by B-Boy records in 1987 and released "Doin' Damage" in 1988. After "Force Field" was released in 1990 on Warlock records, the group disappeared from the music scene, leaving the third album unreleased. This last album supposedly has vocal tracks recorded, but it is unknown where they may reside. Last.Fm says they have them.
- Doin' Damage (1988)
- Force Field (1990)
- Unnamed Unreleased Album
- "The 25 Best Long Island Rap Albums8. Biz Markie, Goin' Off (1988)". Complex. Retrieved 2019-02-24.
- "Biography by Andy Kellman". allmusic.com. Retrieved 2018-12-24.
- "J.V.C. F.O.R.C.E." Discogs.
- "The JVC FORCE 20th Anniversary Interview". Black Westchester. Retrieved 2018-12-24.
- "JVC Force hometown, lineup, biography". Last.fm. Retrieved 2019-03-03.
|This biographical article related to hip hop music is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|