|Some or all of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (May 2012)|
|Birth name||Jaap Siewertsz van Reesema|
25 October 1984 |
|Associated acts||Hermes House Band
Jaap Siewertsz van Reesema better known as Jaap Reesema also known as Jake Reese (born in Deventer, Netherlands on 28 October 1984) is a Dutch singer who won the 3rd series of the Dutch X Factor in 2010.
Jaap Reesema grew up in Terwolde, a village in the municipality of Voorst, in the Dutch province of Gelderland. He was also, until recently, leading member of Hermes House Band. In 2009, he participated in the talent contest Carlo & Irene: Life4You.
On 29 May 2010 Jaap won the title for X Factor with 51% of the votes against stiff competition from fellow finalist Maaike Vos who became runner-up. Jaap Reesema of winning a record deal with Sony BMG and a car. His winning song, a cover of "Don't Stop Believin'" became a #1 hit in the Dutch Singles Chart.
Jaap Reesema lives with his partner Kim Kötter, former Miss Universe Netherlands. In April 2014, he was the victim of a grave physical assault by thugs during Koningsdag en Koningsnacht festivities.
In 2014 he collaborated with DJ's Tom Swoon and Lush & Simon in the song "Ahead Of Us". He also collaborated the same year with the DJ Arston in the song "Circle Track" under the name Jake Reese. In 2015 he provided vocals for Hardwell's song "Mad World"
|2010||"You're the Voice"
(with the Dutch "X Factor 2010")
|"Don't Stop Believin'"||1||10||Changing Man'|
|"Walk to the Other Side"||62||14
|2011||"Hoe hard je ook rent"||52||–|
|"Bye Bye Baby"||–||–|
|2013||"Mijn wereld op zijn kop"||–||–|
|2013||"Ooit komt nooit meer"||–||–|
- Vanstam Music: Jaap Reesema biography
- "Jaap winnaar X Factor" (in Dutch). De Telegraaf. 29 May 2010.
- Oranjemuziek: Jaap Siewertsz van Reesema winnaar X Factor 2010
- Airplay40: Jaap Reesema wins X Factor
- "Kim Kötter en Jaap Reesema gaan samenwonen" (in Dutch). De Telegraaf. 31 December 2012.
- "Interview Kim Kötter & Jaap Reesema" (in Dutch). Woonstijl.
- "Jaap Reesema tegen de grond gewerkt door zes man" (in Dutch). AD.nl. 27 April 2014.
- "Jaap Reesema in elkaar geslagen" (in Dutch). RTL Nieuws.
- "Jaap Reseema discography". dutchcharts.nl. Hung Medien. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
|X Factor (Netherlands)