Jack Combs (ice hockey)
January 26, 1988 |
St. Louis, MO, USA
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||194 lb (88 kg; 13 st 12 lb)|
|AHL team (P)
|Hartford Wolf Pack
Greenville Swamp Rabbits (ECHL)
Bridgeport Sound Tigers
San Antonio Rampage
Oklahoma City Barons
Jack Combs (born January 26, 1988) is an American professional Ice Hockey Forward who is currently playing for the Greenville Swamp Rabbits in the ECHL on loan from the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Prior to turning professional, Combs played for the California Wave Midget team for one season and for five seasons with the Kitchener Rangers and Saginaw Spirit of the Ontario Hockey League. Combs attended the training camp of the Colorado Avalanche of the National Hockey League in 2008 before he signed with the Alaska Aces for his first professional season in 2009–10. After 11 games with the Aces, Combs was traded to the Trenton Devils of the ECHL. On April 5, 2010, Combs signed a Professional Try Out contract with the Peoria Rivermen of the American Hockey League For his second season, Combs signed with the Tulsa Oilers of the Central Hockey League, an affiliate of the Colorado Avalanche. Establishing a formidable partnership alongside linemate Chad Costello, Costello and Combs ranked 9th and 10th, respectively, in total Points (84 and 82) in the league in 2010-11.
On August 18, 2011, Combs, alongside his Tulsa linemate Costello, signed with the Colorado Eagles of the ECHL. After combining with Costello to lead the league in scoring after 23 games with 37 points in the 2011–12 season, Combs signed mid-season with the Worcester Sharks of the American Hockey League.
Combs returned to the Eagles the following season and scored 42 Points (19 Goals and 23 Assists) in 27 games. His partnership with Costello was signified when they both were signed to Professional Try Out contract with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the American Hockey League on December 18, 2012. On January 9, 2013, Combs and Costello were both signed by the Sound Tigers to Standard Player Contracts for the remainder of the 2012–13 season. Combs played in 22 games with the Sound Tigers for 14 Points (5 Goals and 9 Assists) before he was traded to the San Antonio Rampage in exchange for future considerations on March 14, 2013.
After starting the 2013-14 season playing 19 games for the Rampage and 8 games for the Cincinnati Cyclones, the Rampage's ECHL affiliate, the Rampage traded Combs to the Oklahoma City Barons in exchange for Derek Nesbitt.
For the 2014-15 season, Combs signed with the Russian club Toros Neftekamsk of the Supreme Hockey League (VHL). After only 11 games, Combs opted to leave Toros Neftekamsk in a return to North America. On October 21, 2014, Combs signed a contract with the Allen Americans of the ECHL to re-unite with Chad Costello . Though he was leading the ECHL at the time in scoring for the 2014-15 season with 56 Points, Combs signed with the Swedish club IF Björklöven of HockeyAllsvenskan in January 2015. In light of Combs' departure, the Americans waived him on February 14, 2015. Due to his desire for more ice time than the team could offer and to rejoin the Allen Americans, Combs was released by IF Björklöven on February 14, 2015 after playing only three games. Combs' attempt to rejoin the Americans was stifled when his ECHL rights were claimed off of waivers by the Stockton Thunder on February 15, 2015.
Combs reported to the Thunder and played 11 games for the team, accumulating 5 Goals and 8 Assists. With the Thunder out of playoff contention, Thunder Head Coach Rich Kromm fulfilled a promise made to Combs and placed him on waivers on March 17, 2015 to try to help Combs re-join the Americans.
Combs' attempt to return to the Americans was again stifled when his ECHL rights were claimed off of waivers by the Missouri Mavericks. Before playing a game for the Mavericks, Combs was released by the team on March 24, 2015, which again placed Combs' ECHL rights on waivers. On March 25, 2015, Combs' ECHL rights were claimed off of waivers by the Cincinnati Cyclones, to which he did report, playing his first game for the team on March 27, 2015.
On September 16, 2015, Combs earned an AHL contract, agreeing to a one-year deal with the Hartford Wolf Pack. After attending the Wolf Pack training camp, he was assigned to ECHL affiliate, the Greenville Swamp Rabbits to begin the 2015–16 season.
|2012–13||Bridgeport Sound Tigers||AHL||22||5||9||14||14||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||18||12||7||19||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||19||0||2||2||18||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||Oklahoma City Barons||AHL||29||5||4||9||16||3||0||0||0||2|
- "Rangers Add Offense In 2004 Draft". OurSportsCentral.com. May 1, 2004. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- ?, Tom (January 17, 2015). "OHL Grad Jack Combs Looks To Finish Off 2014-15 In Sweden". OHLAlumniCentral.com. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- Constantine, Mark (September 3, 2008). "COLUMN: Saginaw Spirit Player Jack Combs Hopes to Make a Big Impression in Colorado". The Saginaw News. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- Woody, Doyle (September 3, 2008). "Chasing The Game Haunts Aces in 4-3 Loss at Utah". Alaska Dispatch News. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- "Jack Combs Signs PTO With Rivermen". OurSportsCentral.com. April 5, 2010. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- "Eagles Strike It Rich, Sign Tulsa Oilers' Top Two Scorers". OurSportsCentral.com. August 18, 2011. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- Lohman, Rich (September 2, 2010). "Avalanche Warning: Tulsa Oilers Announce NHL Affiliation". TulsaToday.com. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- "Worcester Sharks Sign Forward Jack Combs to AHL Contract". OurSportsCentral.com. February 7, 2012. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- "SOUND TIGERS SIGN COSTELLO AND COMBS". Bridgeport Sound Tigers. December 18, 2012. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- "TIGERS INK COMBS & COSTELLO TO AHL DEALS". Bridgeport Sound Tigers. January 9, 2013. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- "Rampage Acquire Forward Jack Combs". San Antonio Rampage. March 14, 2013. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- "Rampage Acquire Nebsitt from Oklahoma City, Recall Houser". OurSportsCentral.com. January 17, 2014. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- "Americans Reunite the Dynamic Duo". OurSportsCentral.com. October 21, 2014. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- "Americans Waive Forward Jack Combs". OurSportsCentral.com. February 14, 2015. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- "Jack Combs lämnar Björklöven" (in Swedish). IF Björklöven. February 14, 2015. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- Linesburgh, Scott (March 17, 2015). "Thunder Waives Star Forward". The Record. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- "Thunder Claim All-Star Combs". OurSportsCentral.com. February 15, 2015. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- "ECHL Transactions - March 17". ECHL. March 17, 2015. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- "ECHL Transactions - March 24". ECHL. March 24, 2015. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- "ECHL Transactions - March 25". ECHL. March 25, 2015. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- "Cyclones Weekly". OurSportsCentral.com. March 30, 2015. Retrieved June 13, 2015.
- "Pack ink forward Jack Combs". Hartford Wolf Pack. 2015-09-16. Retrieved 2015-09-16.