Jack Ellis (writer)
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||1978 (age 40–41)|
Jack Ellis (born 1978) is an Australian writer.
Ellis was born in Sydney to writer parents Bob Ellis and Anne Brooksbank. During his childhood and teens he worked as an actor. He went on to study classical composition at Sydney Conservatorium, then spent a year studying at the Royal Conservatorium in The Hague on scholarship. He taught English while living in Cambodia, then moved back to Australia and did a Master’s of Dispute Resolution at the University of Technology Sydney. He is now completing his Juris Doctor in law. He works part-time as a family mediator. He lives with his wife, Alice Ellis Marketing Manager for the NRL Touch Premiership.
Ellis’s first novel, The Best Feeling of All, was published by Arcadia in March 2014. He also writes opinion pieces for publications including Australian Women’s Health magazine, The Drum, Mamamia, Crikey and Mum Central.
- House Rules (2014 Reality TV Series)
- Take Away (2003 Film)
- Crackerjack (2002 Film)
- Water Rats (1999 TV series)
- Two Hands (1999 Film)
- Echo Point (1995 TV series, played Marty Radcliffe)
- G.P. (1992–1993 TV series)
- Point Break (1991 Film)
- Emoh Ruo (1985 film, played Jack Tunkley)
After studying composition in The Hague under Dutch composer and pianist Louis Andriessen, Ellis recorded two albums of his original songs with his funk-rock band Zanica. He is now a solo singer/songwriter who plays guitar on his own tracks.
- Chess Boxing (2003 Debut, Little Angel Theater, London England)
Professional Chess Boxing Record
|1||Win||Checkmate||Iepe Rubingh||KO||11 (12)||02 Oct FEB||Little Angel Theater, London, England||Won WCBO Smart middleweight title|
- Nick Galvin (9 March 2014). "Jack Ellis' storied history". smh.com.au. Retrieved 28 November 2014.
- "Ep 6 Russell Brand, Julian Assange, will The Hoopla survive? And Writer in Residence Jack Ellis". writerscentre.com.au. Retrieved 28 November 2014.
- "Jack Ellis". the Drum – ABC.
- "Do you know what your values are? For instance, do you rate financial security over creativity when it comes to your career?". yahoo.com. Retrieved 28 November 2014.
- "ELLIS, Jack". curtisbrown.com.au. Archived from the original on 16 March 2015. Retrieved 28 November 2014.
- "Life's a Pitch – Women's Health Magazine". Au.lifestyle.yahoo.com. 2008-08-28. Retrieved 2014-05-17.
- "Can a man understand women? We're here to answer that very question". Mamamia.com.au. 2014-03-30. Retrieved 2014-05-17.
- Ellis, Jack (2009-07-22). "Michael Jackson: was he a castrato?". Crikey. Retrieved 2014-05-17.
- "Jack Ellis, Author at Mum Central – Real Women, Real Life". Mumcentral.com.au. 2013-12-22. Retrieved 2014-05-17.
- "Film Catalogue". Palm Beach Pictures. Retrieved 2014-05-17.
- "Jack Ellis | Unearthed". Triplejunearthed.com. 2011-09-25. Retrieved 2014-05-17.