Jacksonville High School (Jacksonville, Texas)
|Jacksonville High School|
|1210 Corinth Road
Jacksonville, Texas 75766-0631
|School type||Public high school|
|School district||Jacksonville Independent School District|
|Color(s)||Royal Blue and Gold|
|Athletics conference||UIL District 17 Class 5A|
|Website||Jacksonville High School|
Jacksonville High School is a 5A public high school located in Jacksonville, Texas (USA). It is part of the Jacksonville Independent School District located in north central Cherokee County. In 2015, the school was rated "Met Standard" by the Texas Education Agency.
Jacksonville High School has recently undergone the first major construction since the late '50s and is now more open to accommodate for the recent switch to a 5A public high school.
The Jacksonville Indians compete in the following sports:
- Cross Country
- Track and Field
Jacksonville and rival Nacogdoches played in the longest high-school football game in history, a 12-overtime affair in 2010 which resulted in Jacksonville winning 84-81. Only four years later the two would play a (short, by comparison) five-overtime game, with Jacksonville again winning, this time 85-79.
- Boys Basketball - 
- One Act Play - 
- 1952(1A), 1956(1A), 1960(3A)
- Honor Band (Texas Music Educators Association) - 
- Toby Gowin, former NFL punter
- Margo Martindale, Emmy-winning actress of stage, TV shows, and films
- Josh McCown, quarterback for the NFL's New York Jets
- Luke McCown, backup quarterback for the NFL's Dallas Cowboys
- Neal McCoy, country and western singer
- Lee Ann Womack, country and western singer
- Grady Nutt, Christian minister and humorist
- Deborah Yates, Tony Award-nominated actress and dancer
- "2015 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.
- The Athletic Department
- UIL Centennial Webpage Archived 2012-03-06 at the Wayback Machine.
- UIL Centennial Webpage Archived 2015-06-01 at the Wayback Machine.