He joined Opéra de Paris in 1947 as a dancer. In 1956, he joined Opéra-Comique. The same year, he wroteLes Carnets de Marie-Chantal, creating a character who is the archetype of the snobbish socialite.
He became famous through television, dancing in many television shows of the 1970s. He was at the time one of the few people to appear on television as openly gay.
- Les carnets de Marie-Chantal, Van Moppès, 1956
- Sophie Ripaille, R. Julliard, 1960
- Pense-bêtes, R. Solar, 1964
- Chazot Jacques, Paris, Stock, 1975, 238 p.
- À nous deux les femmes, Olivier Orban, 1978
- La mémoire des autres, Mengès, 1982
- Marie-Chantal de gauche !, Mengès, 1983