Jaime Martín (born 1 September 1965) is a Spanish conductor and flautist.
Born in Santander, Spain, Martín began his music studies on the flute at age 8, and became a member of the National Youth Orchestra of Spain at age 13. He was a pupil of Antonio Arias in Madrid and later with Paul Verhey in The Hague. He began his career as a flautist. He attained posts as principal flute with the Academy of St Martin in the Fields, the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and the London Philharmonic Orchestra, the last post with the LPO for 3 years. He also worked regularly as a member of the Chamber Orchestra of Europe. In 1991, he made his debut as soloist at Carnegie Hall with the Flute Concerto by Nielsen. He has recorded chamber music with the Gaudier Ensemble, the Brindisi String Quartet, Pinchas Zukerman and others. He is a founder member of the Cadaqués Orchestra. In 1998, he became a flute teacher at the Royal College of Music, London.
In July 2012, Martín became artistic adviser of the Gävle Symphony Orchestra. One year later, as of 1 July 2013, he became the orchestra's principal conductor, with an initial contract of 4 years. In September 2015, the orchestra extended his contract through 2020. He has recorded commercially with the Gävle Symphony Orchestra for such labels as Ondine. Martín also has the title of chief conductor (director titular) of the Orquesta de Cadaqués, since 2011. He first guest-conducted the RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra (RTÉ NSO) in September 2016. Following three subsequent return guest-conducting appearances, in January 2018, the RTÉ NSO announced the appointment of Martín as its next chief conductor, effective with the 2019–2020 season, with an initial contract of three years. In September 2017, Martín first guest-conducted the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra (LACO). On the basis of this appearance, in February 2018, the LACO named Martín its next music director, effective with the 2019–2020 season, with an initial contract of three years.
Martín and his family, which includes two sons, make their home in London.
- Sarah Catherall (19 November 2015). "NZSO guest conductor Jaime Martin on rites and rituals". Stuff (New Zealand). Retrieved 22 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link).
- Royal, Jason (2 September 2002). "András Schiff and the Chamber Orchestra of Europe". Andante. Archived from the original on 17 February 2004. Retrieved 16 May 2010. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link).
- Rick Schultz (20 February 2018). "L.A. Chamber Orchestra names Jaime Martín as music director". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 22 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link).
- "Jaime Martín fortsätter som chefdirigent". Gefle Dagblad. 23 September 2015. Retrieved 22 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link).
- Fiona Maddocks (5 March 2017). "Brahms: Serenades 1 & 2 CD review – Jaime Martín in the spotlight". The Observer. Retrieved 22 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link).
- "Jaime Martín announced as Chief Conductor of the RTÉ NSO" (Press release). RTÉ. 16 January 2018. Retrieved 13 October 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link).
- Official home page of Jaime Martín
- IMG Artists agency page on Jaime Martín
- Bridge Arts Management agency page on Jaime Martín
- Juan Cervantes, 'An Interview with Jaime Martin'. Primephonic website, 7 June 2017
| Principal Conductor, Gävle Symphony Orchestra
| Chief Conductor, RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra
| Music Director, Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra