|Alhaji Umar Mutallab (Chairman) Mahe Abubakar (Ag.Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer)|
|Products||Savings, Transaction accounts, Investments|
|Revenue||Aftertax:US$6.74 million (NGN:1.07 billion) (2012)|
|Total assets||US$88.8 million (NGN:14.1 billion) (2012)|
Jaiz Bank Plc, is a bank in Nigeria operating under Islamic banking principles and is a non-interest bank. It is the first non-interest bank established and is headquartered in Abuja, the capital city of the country.
As of December 2012[update], the bank was a medium-sized, financial services provider in Nigeria. At that time, the bank's total assets were valued at US$88.8 million (NGN:14.1 billion), with shareholders' equity of about US$63.6 million (NGN:10.1 billion.
The institution was founded in 2003, as Jaiz International Plc. On 11 November 2011, Jaiz International received a license from the Central Bank of Nigeria, the national banking regulator, to operate as a regional bank. On 6 January 2012, the institution commenced business as Jaiz Bank Plc in offices and branches in Abuja, Kaduna and Kano.
In 2013 Jaiz Bank was in the process of expanding to urban centers in all states of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. In pursuit of that goal, the bank had received approval to increase shareholders' capital from the then current value, to US$92.3 million (NGN:14.3 billion). In January 2013, print media reports indicated that, at that time, shareholder's equity in the bank exceeded US$71 million (NGN:11 billion). The bank is expected to apply for a national banking license, once it meets its shareholders' capital objectives.
The shares of stock of Jaiz Bank Plc, are privately held. Although the detailed shareholding remains largely unknown, the five major shareholder groups are depicted in the table below:
|Rank||Name of Owner||Percentage Ownership|
|1||Islamic Development Bank|
|2||Foreign Institutional Investors|
|3||Foreign Private Investors|
|4||Nigerian Institutional Investors|
|5||Nigerian Private Investors|
- Head Office - 73 Ralph Shodeinde Street, Central Business District, Abuja
- Kano Branch One - 55A Tafawa Balewa Road, Off Murtala Mohammed Way, Kano
- Kaduna Branch - 11A Ali Akilu Road, Kaduna
- Gombe Branch - 8A New Market Road, Commercial Area, Gombe
- Maiduguri Branch - 18, Shehu Laminu Way, Opposite State Specialist Hospital, Maiduguri
- Kano Branch Two - 13 Bello Road, Kano
- Katsina Branch - 109, IBB Way, Kofar, Kaura, Katsina
- National Assembly Branch - National Assembly, White House Basement, Abuja
- Wuse Branch - 36 Douala Street, Erisco Bonpet Plaza, Zone 5 Wuse, Abuja
- Gusau Branch - 21 Canteen Road, Opposite CBN Building, Gusau
- Ikeja Branch - 119 Awolowo Road, Allen junction Ikeja
- Marina Branch - 2/4 davies street, ground floor, Marina Lagos
- Apapa Branch - 17 Wharf road, Opposite Eleganza Apapa
- Bangladesh Banker Appointed New MD for Jaiz Bank
- Anthony-Uko, N. S. E. (2012-07-05). "Nigeria: Jaiz Bank Seeks National Licence With N8 Billion Fresh Capital". Leadership (Abuja). Retrieved 2017-08-29.
- Lere, Mohammed (2013-12-20). "Nigeria: Jaiz Bank Records Operating Loss of N1.07 Billion in 2012 - Says Mutallab". Premium Times (Abuja). Retrieved 2017-08-29.
- History of Jaiz Bank Plc
- The Origins of Jaiz Bank Plc
- "Website of Jaiz Bank Plc".
- Ahmed, Idris (2013-01-30). "Nigeria: Saudi Firm to Invest in Jaiz Bank". Daily Trust (Abuja). Retrieved 2017-08-29.
- Jaiz Bank Seeks National Banking Licence
- Branches of Jaiz Bank Plc.
- Aimurie, Isaac (2013-07-17). "Nigeria: Jaiz Bank Increases Branches to 10". Leadership (Abuja). Retrieved 2017-08-29.