James Green (bishop)
|James Patrick Green|
May 30, 1950 |
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Period in office||2011-present|
|Ordination||15 May 1976 by John Krol|
James Patrick Green
|Reference style||The Most Reverend|
|Spoken style||Your Excellency|
|Posthumous style||not applicable|
Green studied for the priesthood and was ordained a priest of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia on 15 May 1976. During his early years in the diplomatic service of the Holy See, he served in Papua New Guinea, Korea, the Netherlands, Spain, and the nunciature in Scandinavia (based in Copenhagen, Denmark). He then spent a year in Taiwan as chargé d'affaires before being brought to Rome in late 2002.
Green was appointed Titular Archbishop of Altinum by Pope Benedict XVI on 17 August 2006 and that same day was appointed Apostolic Nuncio to South Africa and Namibia, and Apostolic Delegate to Botswana.
He was consecrated bishop on 6 September 2006 by Cardinal Secretary of State Angelo Sodano. That same day he was appointed Apostolic Delegate to Lesotho. On 23 September 2006 he was appointed Apostolic Delegate to Swaziland.
- List of the Catholic bishops of the United States#American bishops serving outside the United States
- List of diplomatic missions of the Holy See
- Annuario Pontificio (2007), pp. 1346, 1359, 1365; Annuario Pontificio (2011), pp. 1314, 1327, 1333.
- "Msgr. James P. Green ... ordained an archbishop". Catholic Press Photo. 2006-09-06. Archived from the original on 2008-06-22. Retrieved 2008-10-05.
- Annuario Pontificio (2007), pp. 1356, 1366; Annuario Pontificio (2011), pp. 1324, 1334.
- Annuario Pontificio (2012), p. 1323.
|Catholic Church titles|
Blasco Francisco Collaço
|Apostolic Nuncio to South Africa
Mario Roberto Cassari
|Apostolic Nuncio to Peru