Jamie Miller (US musician)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jamie Miller at Rock am Ring 2018
Jamie Miller (born circa 1975) is an American musician, currently the drummer for the American rock bands Bad Religion, …And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead, and Vanishing Life. He is also the lead guitarist and the backing vocalist for the Start, and was the drummer for Snot and Souls at Zero (formerly known as Wrathchild America).
- 1 Early life and career
- 2 Bad Religion
- 3 Discography
- 4 References
Early life and career
Souls at Zero (1994–1996)
Miller joined Snot in 1996. Snot signed with Geffen Records, and began work on their debut album, Get Some, released on May 27, 1997. Although the album received positive critical notice, sales were disappointing.
The band performed on the 1998 Ozzfest tour. The band began work on their second album. On December 11, 1998, Strait died in a car accident when a truck struck his car, killing him and his boxer, Dobbs.
First reunion, Tons and breakup (2008–2013)
In 2008, the band reformed, with former Divine Heresy singer Tommy "Vext" Cummings on vocals. Tommy Cummings and Sonny Mayo left the band, and a new band, "Tons", was formed in 2009 with a new vocalist. They recorded three new songs titled "Ability & Control", "1000 Ways of Pain" and "Fan the Flames" before members of the group moved on to new projects.
Second reunion (2014–2018)
On February 11, 2014, Snot reunited again at the Whisky a Go Go in Hollywood. This second reunion line-up once again features Vext, Mayo, Doling, Fahnestock and Miller. They went on to play three more shows in the Southern California area before once again going quiet, although they poked at the possibility of another future U.S. tour. In August it was announced that Snot would be hitting the road once again, starting November 28 and going through December 22 all throughout the U.S. An international tour is coming in January and February. However, in October, vocalist Tommy Vext announced he had left the band to form his new band, Westfield Massacre, and that Snot already had a replacement vocalist (Carl Bensley) in place. In February 2018, Jamie left Snot because he needs to focus on the band Bad Religion. He was replaced by former Motograter drummer Noah Robertson.
the Start (1998–present)
Jamie Miller formed the band "the Start" along with Aimee Echo with the original name being Hero but was changed to the Start due to "Hero" already being used by another band. Miller is the band's lead guitarist and backing vocalist. He also plays synthesizer.
…And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead (2011–present)
Souls at Zero
- A Taste for the Perverse (1995)
…And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead
- Anderson, Jason. "Snot Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved October 23, 2018.
- Iannini, Tommaso (2003). "Snot". Nu metal (in Italian). Giunti. pp. 78–79. ISBN 88-09-03051-6.
- "Reunited Snot Releases New Song, Announces Tour With DEVILDRIVER". blabbermouth.net. August 7, 2008. Archived from the original on December 23, 2008. Retrieved April 15, 2009.
- "SNOT Is Back... As TONS". blabbermouth.net. November 20, 2009. Archived from the original on November 23, 2009. Retrieved June 6, 2010.
- "Reunited SNOT To Play First Show in Five Years Next Month". blabbermouth.net. January 13, 2014. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- "Video: Reunited SNOT Plays First Show In Five Years". blabbermouth.net. February 15, 2014. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (February 2017)