Jamie Miller (American musician)
|Born||Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.|
Jamie Miller is an American musician, currently the drummer for rock bands Bad Religion and Vanishing Life. He is also the lead guitarist and the backing vocalist for theStart, and was the drummer for Snot and Souls at Zero (formerly known as Wrathchild America).
Early life and career
Souls at Zero (1994–1996)
Miller joined Snot in 1996. Snot signed with Geffen Records, and began work on their debut album, Get Some, released on May 27, 1997. Although the album received positive critical notice, sales were disappointing.
First reunion, Tons, and breakup (2008–2013)
In 2008, the band reformed, with former Divine Heresy singer Tommy Vext on vocals. Tommy Cummings and Sonny Mayo left the band, and a new band, Tons, was formed in 2009 with a new vocalist. They recorded three new songs titled "Ability & Control", "1000 Ways of Pain" and "Fan the Flames" before members of the group moved on to new projects.
Second reunion (2014–present)
On February 11, 2014, Snot reunited again at the Whisky a Go Go in Hollywood. This second reunion line-up once again features Vext, Mayo, Doling, Fahnestock and Miller. They went on to play three more shows in the Southern California area before once again going quiet, although they poked at the possibility of another future U.S. tour. In August it was announced that Snot would be hitting the road once again, starting November 28 and going through December 22 all throughout the U.S. An international tour is coming in January and February. However, in October, vocalist Tommy Vext announced he had left the band to form his new band, Westfield Massacre, and that Snot already had a replacement vocalist (Carl Bensley) in place.
the Start (1998–present)
Jamie Miller formed the band "the Start" along with Aimee Echo with the original name being Hero but was changed to the Start due to "Hero" already being used by another band. Miller is the band's lead guitarist and backing vocalist. He also plays synthesizer.
…And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead (2011–2020)
Bad Religion (2015–present)
In 2015, Miller became the drummer for Bad Religion by replacing longtime drummer Brooks Wackerman, who joined Avenged Sevenfold. Miller would not appear on a Bad Religion album until four years later, with Age of Unreason.
Miller cited Budgie of Siouxsie and the Banshees as his favourite drummer for having "a signature feel" the Banshees as his favourite band. "Whenever I hear one of their songs, I can hear his drumming and know that it’s him. I love drummers like that. It’s not necessarily that they have a signature sound, but rather a signature feel".
Souls at Zero
- A Taste for the Perverse (1995)
- Shakedown! (2001)
- The 1234 (2002)
- Death Via Satellite (2003)
- Initiation (2004)
- Ciao, Baby (2007)
- Perdition Hymns (2010)
…And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead
- Age of Unreason (2019)
- Anderson, Jason. "Snot Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved October 23, 2018.
- Iannini, Tommaso (2003). "Snot". Nu metal (in Italian). Giunti. pp. 78–79. ISBN 88-09-03051-6.
- "Reunited Snot Releases New Song, Announces Tour With DEVILDRIVER". blabbermouth.net. August 7, 2008. Archived from the original on December 23, 2008. Retrieved April 15, 2009.
- "SNOT Is Back... As TONS". blabbermouth.net. November 20, 2009. Archived from the original on November 23, 2009. Retrieved June 6, 2010.
- "Reunited SNOT To Play First Show in Five Years Next Month". blabbermouth.net. January 13, 2014. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- "Video: Reunited SNOT Plays First Show In Five Years". blabbermouth.net. February 15, 2014. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- Budofsky, Adam. "Jamie Miller". Modern Drummer. Retrieved June 2, 2020.