|Education||Christ College, Brecon, Cardiff University|
|Occupation||Journalist, broadcaster, and writer.|
Jamie Owen (born 1967) is a Welsh journalist, broadcaster, writer and former BBC Wales Today presenter. He joined BBC Radio in 1996 and had presented BBC Wales Today since 1994. In 2018 he will begin a new role with international broadcaster TRT World. He has presented other TV and radio programmes and has published several books.
Owen joined the BBC in 1986 and worked at BBC Radio 3, later joining BBC Radio 4 as a newsreader and announcer. He has been a continuity announcer for BBC One & BBC Two Wales in the early 1990s. He had been a main presenter on BBC Wales' flagship news programme, BBC Wales Today since 1994, and has presented a weekday morning radio show on BBC Radio Wales, as well as a talk programme for BBC Radio Wales on Sundays at midday. He has also presented Songs of Praise, BBC Breakfast News and BBC Radio 4's Shipping Forecast and is currently working with BBC World Service Trust in the Middle East in Jordan, Ramallah, Libya and Egypt.
- "Magic Islands" – a sailing journey around Welsh islands in a 100-year-old Bristol Channel Pilot Cutter (Gomer Press, 2002) ISBN 9781843231905
- "Magic Harbours" – a sailing voyage around the harbours of Wales (Pont Books, 2005) ISBN 9781843234647
- "Welsh Journeys" – charted travels around the Welsh landscape (Gomer Press, 2005) ISBN 9781843235699
- "More Welsh Journeys" (Gomer Press, 2006) ISBN 9781843237389
- "Around Wales by B-Roads and Byways" (Ebury Press, 2010) ISBN 9780091932824
His first three books were filmed for the BBC and published on DVD.