|This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||October 18, 1956|
|Origin||Reidsville, North Carolina|
|Genres||Southern gospel, inspirational|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, musician, songwriter, author|
|Labels||Vine, Spring Hill Music Group|
|Associated acts||The LeFevres, The Rex Nelon Singers, Jimmy Swaggart, Bill Gaither|
|This article or section may have been copied and pasted from a source, possibly in violation of Wikipedia's copyright policy. Please remedy this by editing this article to remove any non-free copyrighted content and attributing free content correctly, or flagging the content for deletion. Please be sure that the supposed source of the copyright violation is not itself a Wikipedia mirror. (November 2015)|
Janet Paschal,a native of Reidsville, North Carolina, was raised in a Christian and musically inclined family. Her grandfather was a minister. Following high school graduation, Paschal was invited to become a member of the southern gospel group, The LeFevres. The group changed its name to the Rex Nelon Singers after the last LeFevre retired from the group. She became a member of televangelist Jimmy Swaggart’s Crusade Team. Paschal began her solo career in 1989, releasing her first album entitled I Give You Jesus on Jimmy Swaggart’s ministry label, Shiloh Records.
She released the album, Journey of Grace in 1994, and in 1997 released The Good Road, authoring a book by the same title. Since then, Janet has received several awards,, released seven more successful albums, and received Grammy nominations.
Paschal was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005 and received 11 months of treatment. Following a clean bill of health, Paschal recorded a new album of hymns titled, "Sounds Like Sunday", benefiting breast cancer research. She has since released include a CD titled "Treasure" and a book titled "Treasures of the Snow" in 2012, and won the Diamond Award for Best Female Vocalist for the fourth time.
Paschal performed her self-penned song, "Another Soldier's Coming Home", written as a tribute to her grandfather, upon invitation for the National Memorial Service of Michael Blassie, the first unknown soldier to be exhumed and positively identified. The song is frequently performed by the United States Army Band and in a special video presentation at Los Angeles' Forest Lawn Memorial Park. It became the signature song for the organization, Grief Share.
Paschal's single, "Hide Me Sweet Rock of Ages", landed at the No. 1 position on the August 2009 Singing News Top 80 Chart. She is the first full-time female soloist to have a No. 1 song on the magazine's charts. 
In 1999, Paschal married an airline pilot.They reside in North Carolina. In 2005, she was diagnosed with breast cancer and received 12 months of treatment. As of July 2012, Paschal has been deemed cancer-free.
With The LeFevres
- 1975: Experience The LeFevres
- 1976: Gospel Music U.S.A.
- 1977: Sing Your Request
- 1977: Singing 'Till He Comes
With The Rex Nelon Singers
- 1977: I've Never Been This Homesick Before
- 1977: The Sun's Coming Up
- 1978: Live
- 1979: Feelings
- 1980: Expressions Of Love
- 1980: One More Song
- 1980: Sing the Gospel
- 1981: One Step Closer
- 1994: Promised Reunion (The Nelons)
- 1986: I Give You Jesus
- 1987: An Evening With Janet Paschal
- 1987: Live!
- 1988: Janet Paschal
- 1990: Language of the Heart
- 1991: Simple Trust
- 1994: Journey of Grace
- 1997: The Good Road
- 1998: Grateful Hearts
- 1998: Make Us One
- 1998: Sweet Life
- 1999: Christmas
- 2000: Songs For A Lifetime
- 2000: Women of Integrity
- 2002: This is Janet
- 2004: Home Again
- 2007: Greatest Hits
- 2007: Sounds Like Sunday
- 2007: The Best Of Janet Paschal Live
- 2008: Treasure
Guest appearances on other albums
- 1993: One Special Christmas; David T. Clysedale "Home for Christmas Medley: I'll Be Home for Christmas/White Christmas"
- 1995: Sisters: The Story Goes On "Godspeed" with Babbie Mason and Tanya Goodman-Sykes
- 1996: Tribute: The Songs of Andrae Crouch (various artists) "My Tribute (To God Be the Glory)"
- 1997: Big Band Hymns; Chris McDonald "Let Us Break Bread Together"
- 1997: Lovin' God & Lovin' Each Other; Gaither Vocal Band
- 1999: Vestal & Friends duet with Vestal Goodman on "Friends"
- 2000: Fields Of Grace duet with Kirk Talley on title song
- 2000: Hands of Time; Anthony Burger "What a Savior Medley: What a Savior/He Came To Me/Oh, What a Savior"
- 2002: Homecoming Lullabies "Between Here And Heaven"
- 2002: More Than The Music, Vol. 1; Vestal Goodman "Another Soldier's Coming Home"
- 2003: It's My Life; Mike Bowling (background vocals)
- 2003: Masterpiece; Anthony Burger "Over the Rainbow"
- 2005: A Tribute To George Younce
Gaither Homecoming Video solos
- 1995: All Day Singin' and Dinner On The Ground "Lead Me To The Rock", "I Am Not Ashamed"
- 1995: Holy Ground
- 1996: Sunday Meetin' Time
- 1998: Atlanta Homecoming "Something Got A-Hold Of Me"
- 1998: Because He Lives
- 1998: Down By The Tabernacle "Tell Me"
- 1998: Hawaiian Homecoming "Born Again", "God Will Make A Way"
- 1998: Marching To Zion "Another Soldier's Coming Home"
- 1999: Kennedy Center Homecoming "The Body And The Blood"
- 1999: So Glad "Born Again"
- 2000: 50 Years: The Happy Goodman Family "Friends"
- 2000: Christmas In The Country "Sitting By The Fire"
- 2000: Oh, My Glory! "How Are Things At Home?"
- 2001: What A Time! "God Will Make A Way"
- 2002: God Bless America "It's Lucky We Met", "It Won't Rain Always"
- 2002: New Orleans Homecoming "He'll Deliver Me"
- 2003: Australian Homecoming "My Soul Is Anchored To The Rock", "I Will Never Leave You Alone"
- 2003: Heaven "It's Not About Now"
- 2004: This Is My Story "You're Still Lord"
- 2004: We Will Stand When I Survey The Wondrous Cross"
- 2005: Jerusalem "El Shaddai"
Paschal served as the spokeswoman for an international Christian relief organization, "Mission of Mercy".
Paschal has authored two books: in 1997, "The Good Road", a collection of her own writings and reflections on life, based on the book of Jeremiah; in 2008, "Treasures of the Snow".