Janet Williams (basketball)
15 September 1953 |
Sydney, New South Wales
Janet Williams (born 15 September 1953) is a retired Australian women's basketball player.
Williams played for the Australia women's national basketball team during the late 1970s and competed for Australia at the 1979 World Championship held in South Korea. Williams also played for the Opals in a 1978 basketball tour of Europe and China. At 5'8" tall, Williams played as a Shooting guard.
In the domestic Women's National Basketball League (WNBL), Williams played for the Sutherland Sharks (1981 - 85). In 1980, Williams stated that lack of finance was the single most important reason that Australia was not a force in international basketball.
- FIBA Archive. Janet Williams. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- FIBA Archive. 1979 World Championship for Women. Australia. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- Mossop, Brian (3 October 1980). Basketball girls set to show the flag. The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- Top players for basketball (11 April 1979). The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- Women's National Basketball League. Player Directory (page 40) Archived 15 October 2013 at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
|This biographical article relating to an Australian basketball figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|