Type of site
|News and Collaborative revision control|
|12,044 (April 2014[update])|
In June 2016, Oracle announced that "the Java.net and Kenai.com forges will be going dark on April 28, 2017."
The prominent differences between Wikipedia and Javapedia include feature restrictions (for example, editing is open to registered users only), software used (TWiki), links (CamelCase is used), and content licensing (Creative Commons 1.0 Attribution license).
- "Java.net Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Sun Rolls Out java.com and java.net, Project Rave at JavaOne". embeddedstar.com. June 11, 2003. Retrieved 2010-06-13.
Opening the show, Sun Microsystems, Inc. (Nasdaq: SUNW), the creator and leading advocate of Java, introduced new Java technologies; tools; communities including java.com for consumers, and java.net for developers
- "Sun Microsystems Launches Java.net Portal for Java Technology Collaboration". coverpages.org. June 11, 2003. Retrieved 2010-06-13.
- "Oracle Moving Project Kenai to java.net". adtmag.com. February 10, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-13.
- "Overview and Frequently Asked Questions for the Developer Community". Oracle Corporation. March 24, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-13.
Our plan is to focus our efforts on Java.net as the hosted community of choice for Java developers. Thus, we are in the process of migrating the Java.net back end to the Kenai technology. This means that projects currently hosted on kenai.com will be migrated to Java.net
- "Java.net Forge Sunset". Oracle Community Directory. Retrieved 2016-07-10.
- Sun Microsystems unveils java.net, the ultimate destination for developers and focal point for open source collaboration (press release mentioning Javapedia)
- The Source for Java Technology Collaboration - iBLOGthere4iM
- The Javapedia Project from Sun Microsystems White Papers at ZDNet UK
- "The Javapedia Project" (Press release). Java.net. June 10, 2003. Archived from the original on January 12, 2008. Retrieved 2007-05-28.
|This article about a computing website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|