|No. 6 – Cincinnati Bengals|
April 23, 1993|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||234 lb (106 kg)|
|High school:||Oviedo (FL) Hagerty|
|NFL Draft:||2016 / Round: 6 / Pick: 207|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
Jeffrey M. Driskel (born April 23, 1993) is an American football quarterback for the Cincinnati Bengals of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Florida and Louisiana Tech. He was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the sixth round of the 2016 NFL Draft.
Driskel attended Paul J. Hagerty High School in Oviedo, Florida. During his high school career, he threw for 4,844 yards and 36 touchdowns. As a senior in 2010, he was the Maxwell Football Club National High School Player of the Year and the Gatorade Florida Player of the Year. He was ranked as the best pro-style quarterback recruit in his class by Rivals.com and Scout.com.
University of Florida
Driskel accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida, where he played for coach Will Muschamp's Florida Gators football team. As a freshman, Driskel appeared in five games, completing 16 of 34 passes for 148 yards with two interceptions. He became the team's starter as a sophomore in 2012. He led them to an 11–2 record and a berth in the 2013 Sugar Bowl, in which Florida lost to Teddy Bridgewater and the Louisville Cardinals.
After starting three games in 2013, Driskel broke his right fibula in a game against the University of Tennessee and missed the remainder of the season. He returned from the injury in 2014 and kept his starting job to start the season but was later benched in favor of Treon Harris.
Despite not playing baseball since high school, Driskel was selected by the Boston Red Sox with the 863rd pick of the 2013 Major League Baseball Draft. Driskel signed a contract, but he has no plans to stop playing football.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 4 in
|33 1⁄2 in
|9 3⁄4 in
|4.56 s||1.65 s||2.71 s||4.25 s||7.19 s||32 in
|10 ft 2 in
|All values from NFL Combine,|
San Francisco 49ers
Driskel was selected by the San Francisco 49ers in the sixth round of the 2016 NFL Draft with the 207th overall pick. On May 5, 2016, the 49ers signed him to a four-year, $2.45 million contract with a signing bonus of $112,539. Driskel began training camp as the No. 4 quarterback on the depth chart. After a season-ending injury to Thad Lewis, Driskel competed with Christian Ponder for the third-string quarterback position. On September 3, 2016, he was waived by the 49ers.
Driskel was claimed off waivers by the Cincinnati Bengals on September 4, 2016. He began the season as the Bengals' third quarterback on their depth chart behind veterans Andy Dalton and AJ McCarron.
On September 4, 2017, Driskel was placed on injured reserve.
- "Jeff Driskel Maxwell Football Club National High School Player of the Year". Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- "Driskel named state player of the year". Gatorsports.com. Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- "Rivals.com". Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- "Recruiting Football Team News, Scout". recruiting.scout.com.
- "Florida names QB Jeff Driskel starter". ESPN.com. Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- "Gators Lose Driskel for Season; Teammates Disappointed for Junior Signal-Caller". Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- Thompson, Edgar. "Gators QB Jeff Driskel embraces new role with team".
- "Florida benches QB Jeff Driskel, will start freshman Treon Harris against Georgia next week". October 22, 2014.
- "Ex-Gators QB Driskel transfers to La. Tech".
- "Page Not Found - Orlando Sentinel".
- "Jeff Driskel of Florida Gators signs contract with Boston Red Sox – ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- Sox Prospects.com. Retrieved on May 18, 2015.
- McGinn, Bob (April 20, 2016). "Rating the NFL draft prospects: Quarterbacks". JSOnline.com. Archived from the original on March 23, 2017. Retrieved June 16, 2018.
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Jeff Driskel". National Football League.
- "Spotrac.com: Jeff Driskel contract". Retrieved December 21, 2016.
- Florio, Mike (June 12, 2016). "Jeff Driskel, future 49ers starting quarterback?". profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. Retrieved March 19, 2017.
- "49ers Release 20 Players, Announce Other Roster Moves". 49ers.com.
- "Bengals claim quarterback Jeff Driskel off waivers from SF". foxsports.com. September 4, 2016. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- "Bengals Player Moves: Driskel to IR, Toner and Shelton to practice squad". Bengals.com. September 4, 2017.
- "Tarin and Jeff" theknot.com Retrieved April 18, 2017