|No. 65 – San Francisco 49ers|
February 21, 1994|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||305 lb (138 kg)|
|NFL Draft:||2016 / Round: 1 / Pick: 28|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2016|
Joshua Samuel Garnett (born February 21, 1994) is an American football guard for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the Stanford Cardinal. His father, Scott Garnett, also played professionally for the 49ers.
High school career
A native of Puyallup, Washington, Garnett attended Puyallup High School where he was a three-time all-state lineman. In his senior year, he was named 2011 South Puget Sound League Lineman of the Year. After his senior season ended, Garnett participated in the Under Armour All-America Game.
Regarded as a five-star recruit by Rivals.com, he was ranked as the No. 2 offensive guard prospect in the class of 2012, behind only Jordan Simmons. He chose Stanford over scholarship offers from Michigan and Notre Dame, among others.
As a true freshman, Garnett appeared in 14 games for the Stanford Cardinal, playing both guard positions and fullback. His first career start came against Washington State, as he became the first true freshman to start on the Cardinal's offensive line since Kirk Chambers in 2000. Stanford eventually also started freshmen Kyle Murphy and Andrus Peat on the offensive line. In his sophomore year, Garnett played another 14 games.
In his junior season, Garnett took over as left guard from David Yankey. He started 13 games on an offensive line that ranked 18th nationally in tackles for loss allowed (4.62/game), 42nd in sacks allowed (1.77/game). Garnett won the Outland Trophy as a senior in 2015.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 4 3⁄8 in
|33 7⁄8 in
|10 1⁄8 in
|5.32 s||1.84 s||3.05 s||4.64 s||7.62 s||29 in
|8 ft 3 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
On September 2, 2017, Garnett was placed on injured reserve after having knee surgery.
- "For Stanford's Garnett, vocal leadership runs in the family". SFGate.com. September 24, 2014.
- "Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com Ranking – Rivals.com offensive guards 2012".
- "Josh Garnett commitment: the impact". Scout.com. January 28, 2012.
- "Stanford at Colorado: At a glance". San Jose Mercury News. November 3, 2012.
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles – Joshua Garnett". National Football League.
- "NFL draft: Results, analysis for every Round 1 pick". ESPN.com. April 29, 2016. Retrieved April 29, 2016.
- "49ers Cut Roster Down to 53 Players". 49ers.com. September 2, 2017.