|Residence||Houston, Texas, U.S.|
|Alma mater||University of Texas at Austin|
|Occupation||Founder, chairman and CEO, Hilcorp Energy Company|
|Net worth||$4.2 billion (February 2016)|
Hildebrand worked for the American Energy Capital Corporation, the Dan A. Hughes Company, and Exxon Company, until he founded Hilcorp Energy Company, an oil and gas exploration and production company. His company has been ranked on Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2013, 2014 and 2015. In December 2015, his company gave all 1,380 employees a $100,000 Christmas bonus.
Hildebrand is a member of the All American Wildcatters, the National Petroleum Council, the Engineering Advisory Board at University of Texas at Austin, the Independent Petroleum Association of America, the Houston Energy Finance Group, the American Association of Petroleum Geologists, the Society of Petroleum Engineers, the Houston Geological Society, the Texas Independent Petroleum Royalty Owners Association, and the Louisiana Independent Oil and Gas Association.
Philanthropy and political contributions
In November 2017, HIldebrand donated $25 million to the Department of Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering at the University of Texas at Austin. In recognition, the university plans to name the department the Hildebrand Department of Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering.
- "Jeffery Hildebrand - Forbes". Forbes. Retrieved 2015-10-18.
- "Hilcorp biography" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 October 2011. Retrieved 20 November 2017.
- "Jeffery Hildebrand". Retrieved 20 November 2017.
- Pulsinelli, Olivia. "Houston energy company gives out $100,000 bonuses to all employees". bizjournals.com/houston. Houston Business Journal. Retrieved 11 December 2015.
- "Company gives all employees $100K Christmas bonus". Ktvu.com. KTVU. Retrieved 11 December 2015.
- Mathews, Chris. "This Company Gave Every One of Its Employees a $100k Christmas Bonus". fortune.com. Fortune Magazine. Retrieved 11 December 2015.
- "The Richest People In America: #59Jeffrey Hildebrand". Forbes. 2013. Archived from the original on January 23, 2013. Retrieved August 22, 2016.
- Catherine Feser, 'Houston has a dozen on Forbes' richest Americans list', in Houston Chronicle, September 23, 2011 
- Todd Ackerman, 'Houston looks for new generation of top givers', in Houston Chronicle, April 4, 2010 
- Hodge, Shelby (March 5, 2014). "Billionaire UT board member with Aggie ties gives millions to new equestrian center". CultureMap Houston. Retrieved August 22, 2016.
- Christy Hoppe, 'Documents show relatively few donors loaded Gov. Rick Perry's campaign Money Cannon, in The Dallas Morning News, 26 February 2010 
- "Hildebrand Department of Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering Established With Gift from Family of Regent and Industry Leader". 7 November 2017. Retrieved 20 November 2017.
- Webbe, Alex (August 18, 2016). "The Rocky Mountain Open has deep Colorado roots". Polozone.com. Retrieved August 22, 2016.