February 22, 1971
|Education||University of San Francisco|
|Occupation||Consumer Technology Journalist|
Jennifer Jolly (born February 22, 1971) is an American consumer technology journalist and TV broadcaster. She is a Wired Well columnist for The New York Times, tech-life columnist and host of Tech Now for USA Today, and a digital lifestyle contributor for The Today Show.
Jennifer Jolly is an Emmy Award-winning journalist who reviews new gadgets and provides insight on technology trends. Her work can be seen on The Huffington Post, Yahoo Tech, The CBS Early Show, The Talk, Rachel Ray, The Dr. Oz Show, The Meredith Vieira Show, Katie Couric and Reader's Digest  Magazine. Jolly is also a public speaker who focuses on women in technology, digital parenting, health and fitness technology and tech-related consumer advocacy.
Jolly was a general assignment TV news reporter for 12 years before shifting her focus to consumer technology. She worked for KTVU-TV in Oakland, California (1997-2005), KTUU-TV in Anchorage, Alaska (1995-1997), KXLY-TV in Spokane, Washington, (1994-1995) and KECI-TV in Bozeman and Missoula, Montana (1993-1994). Over the course of her career she received awards from the Society of Professional Journalists, Associated Press and the Radio Television News Director's Association.
In late 2005, Jolly took a job with global media agency, Allison PR, to "be home in time to tuck my daughter in bed," and to "break into the world of consumer technology reporting, which was still a man's world." Jolly created the firm's Media Training program, while still maintaining a role in TV. She was a frequent guest contributor to several TV news programs and host of the weekly series All That's Fit on the Fine Living Network.
In 2010, Jolly took a full-time position back in television, as the technology/social media contributor of ABC's afternoon program, 7Live. She worked there from the show's first broadcast until August, 2011, when she became a frequent technology and social media guest contributor for the nationally televised morning program, CBS Early Show. Also in 2011, she became the Tech Life Editor for the female-focused tech news site, Tecca. At Tecca, Jolly created and hosted Tech's Appeal, The Girlfriend's Guide To Gadgets, which aired on Yahoo Tech, Time, and other partner outlets.
Tecca shut down in late 2012 and USA Today brought Jolly on-board, where the renamed Tech Now series now runs weekly. Jolly began writing the Wired Well column for the New York Times in May 2015.
Jolly grew up in Kenai, Alaska, and worked alongside her family on a small commercial salmon fishing boat during the summers until she graduated from college. She received a journalism scholarship to the University of San Francisco, where she graduated with a degree in Mass Media Studies in 1993.
Jolly has been active in community theater, a competitive equestrian, distance runner and triathlete. She also helped create a series of outdoor fitness company's in the San Francisco Bay Area, OutFIT, Mom&Baby, and Team Love Multisports.
- "Jennifer Jolly - Well Blog - The New York Times". well.blogs.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2016-04-03.
- "USA TODAY". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2016-04-03.
- "Apps to prevent distracted driving that you can download now". TODAY.com. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "40th Annual Emmy Award Winners" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-04-14.
- "Jennifer Jolly". Retrieved 2016-04-03.
- "Best fitness gadgets that give top results". www.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2016-04-03.
- "Video game addiction and kids". www.cbsnews.com. Retrieved 2016-04-03.
- Jennifer Jolly (2011-12-29), The Talk - Cyber Monday Top 5 Talk Deals of the Day!.mp4, retrieved 2016-04-03
- brettaldo (2011-03-26), Jennifer Jolly on the Rachael Ray Show - Video - How to Get Stuff for Free.flv, retrieved 2016-04-03
- "Dr. Oz's Kitchen-Cleanout Challenge, Pt 1". www.doctoroz.com. Retrieved 2016-04-03.
- "How to Protect Your Photos". The Meredith Vieira Show. Retrieved 2016-04-03.
- "Best Tech for Aging Parents Katie Couric Show The Pill Problem Jennifer Jolly". www.epill.com. Retrieved 2016-04-03.
- "Best Last-Minute Valentine's Day Gifts".
- Times, The Hollywood. "Industry Leaders Tackle Gender Inequality in Media". TheHollywoodTimes. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- "2014 Speakers". Kids@Play. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- "Will wearable tech become mandatory? Insiders weigh in at Northside Festival - New York Business Journal". New York Business Journal. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- "2013 International CES Recap". Sports and Fitness Tech. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- "Jolly Joins Allison". AdWeek. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- "Jennifer Jolly Joins Allison & Partners as Senior Media Specialist to Build Newsroom-Style Media Department".
- "'CodeGirl': Panel Addresses Yawning Tech Gender Gap and Finds Hope". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- "Watch Online The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet Season 3 Episode 145 - Edi Gathegi, Corbin Bleu, Geraldo Rivera and Kimberly Guilfoyle, Jennifer Jolly, Cheryl Forberg - Watch Series". www.watchseries.li. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- Inc, Rodale (2008-05-01). Women's Health. Rodale, Inc.
- "How To Attract a LIVE Television Audience". Forbes. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- "Technology News Site Tecca Adds Two More Reporters". www.adweek.com. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- "Jennifer Jolly's Tech's Appeal Show".
- "Women's Tech Video Series with Jennifer Jolly Launches on Chip Chick". SteamFeed. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- "Tecca Shuts Its Doors".
- "usa today jennifer jolly tech now - Google Search". www.google.com. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- "TECH NOW - USATODAY.com". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- Jolly, Jennifer. "An Uber for Doctor Housecalls". Well. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- "United Cook Inlet Drift Association". www.ucida.org. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- Robertson, j michael (2007-01-24). "USF journalism blog: Jennifer Jolly, Class of 93". USF journalism blog. Retrieved 2016-04-03.
- Fitness, OutFIT. "OutFIT Fitness(TM) Program Expands Unique Fitness Experience to San Diego". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- Keene, Michelle L.; Lamarre, Stephanie S. (2002-01-01). Babies by the Bay: The Insider's Guide to Everything from Doctors and Diapers to Playgrounds and Preschools in the San Francisco Bay Area. Council Oak Books. ISBN 9781885171788.
- ": Team Love Multisports : Triathlon Training, Run, Bike, Swim, Outdoor Fitness - Go All the Way! :". www.teamlovemultisports.com. Retrieved 2016-04-04.