|Birth name||Jennifer Anne Ognibene|
|Born||Long Island, New York, United States|
|Labels||Holy Trinity Records
Early life and education
Jenny O. grew up on Long Island, New York. She studied Jazz at State University of New York at New Paltz and later graduated from State University of New York at Purchase Conservatory of Music with a bachelor's degree in Studio Composition.
Jenny O. self-produced a five-song extended-play album, Home. It was released in 2011 on Manimal Records. Songs from the EP have been licensed for television series' True Blood, Wilfred, Off the Map, for advertising campaigns by Subaru and Toyota, and the video game Rocksmith.
A debut album, "Automechanic" was released on February 5, 2013 (Holy Trinity Records). It was produced by Jonathan Wilson in Echo Park, Los Angeles. The recordings feature Jenny O., Jonathan Wilson, James Gadson, Benji Lysaght, and Jake Blanton (of the American rock band The Killers).
In October 2016 she released a new five-song EP entitled Work, issued by Manimal/Holy Trinity.
Her second full-length album, Peace and Information, was released on August 4, 2017, on Holy Trinity Records.
Other Work & Collaborations
Jenny was a member of the LA Ladies Choir, who released one album "Sing Joyfully" on Teenage Teardrops Records in 2010.
She contributed backing vocals to two recordings by Bonnie 'Prince' Billy; "Hummingbird" by Leon Russell and "I'll See You Again" by Roy Harper, both produced by Jonathan Wilson and released in 2012. Jenny O. appears as a background vocalist on albums Fanfare by Jonathan Wilson, Division Street by Harper Simon, and Soft by Luke Rathborne, all released in 2014.
In 2011, Jenny O. recorded the Buddy Holly song "I'm Gonna Love You Too" for tribute album Rave On Buddy Holly, released on Fantasy Records/Concord Music Group. The album also included tracks by Paul McCartney, Fiona Apple, Patti Smith and Lou Reed. In the same year she recorded Pink Floyd's "The Happiest Days of Our Lives" and "Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2" for a compilation entitled Cool For School, released on Manimal Vinyl.
Jenny O. recorded a cover of "1941" for the compilation album, This Is The Town – A Tribute To Harry Nilsson (Volume 1), released February 4, 2014 on Royal Potato Family. She also contributed "Ragtime Queen" to "Fraggle Rock – Dream a Dream and See," a compilation of covers from the hit television series, released July 25, 2013.
Television & Film
Jenny O. appeared on Last Call with Carson Daly, with her band, "Jenny O. and the High Society," on December 12, 2013, performing her songs "Seashells" and "Automechanic." They appeared again on the show March 13, 2014 to perform "Lazy Jane" and "Learned My Lessons."
Songs by Jenny O. have been licensed for television series' True Blood, The Good Wife, Grey's Anatomy, Wilfred, Private Practice, Off the Map, iZombie, Girlfriends' Guide To Divorce, for advertising campaigns by Subaru, Toyota, Coca-Cola, Target, Pantene, and Roxy surf company, and for the films BatKid Begins and Sassy Pants.
- List of Manimal Vinyl artists
- List of people from New York
- List of people from Los Angeles
- List of State University of New York at Purchase people
- List of singer-songwriters
- Reyan, Ali. "Singer-Songwriter Jenny O. Puts a Lifetime Spent Around Music to Work". Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "Purchase College Benefit Concert for Hurricane Victims," Jenny O. among featured alumni performers, September 9, 2005
- "Music by Jenny O". TuneFind. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- "Rocksmith releases more of its song list, featuring Radiohead, Soundgarden". videogamewriters.com. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- Holy Trinity Records website
- "Automechanic – Jenny O. | Credits | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- "Debut: Jenny O., Work, Impose magazine, October 7, 2016
- Peace and Information at JennyO.com
- Leeuwis, Jermy. "Jenny O. to release Home". Archived from the original on February 22, 2014. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- Lotkhamnga, Seraphina. "In L.A., Jenny O finds the comforts of 'Home'". Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- Darling, Nikki. "Sisters With Voices: The L.A. Ladies Choir". Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "Bonnie 'Prince' Billy* – Hummingbird". Discogs. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "Bonnie 'Prince' Billy* – Haggard Harper Bonnie". Discgos. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "HARPER SIMON’S NOSTALGIC NEW VIDEO FOR ’99’ OFF HIS ‘DIVISION STREET’ ALBUM". Retrieved 26 January 2015.
- "Rathborne Complicated Feelings". Retrieved 26 January 2015.
- "Jonathan Wilson Fanfare". Retrieved 26 January 2015.
- Jardin, Xeni. "Jenny O: "Happiest Days Of Our Lives/Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2" (Pink Floyd)". Boing Boing. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- Royal Potato Family release information
- "Fraggle Rock – Dream a Dream and See". Retrieved 26 January 2015.
- "Last Call With Carson Daly". Archived from the original on March 2, 2014. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Last Call With Carson Daly -Season 12". Retrieved 26 January 2015.
- "Batkid Begins Soundtrack List". The Ultimate Source for Soundtrack Lists. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- "Selfie: A Little Yelp From My Friends". Retrieved 26 January 2015.
- "Jenny O. Announces West Coast Dates with Leon Russell and Ben Harper". Archived from the original on March 6, 2014. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "Jenny O. to Join Rodriguez on U.S. Tour". Innocent Words Magazine. March 22, 2013.
- "Jenny O. Signs Co-Publishing Deal with SONGS Music Publishing!". Retrieved 26 January 2015.
- Skidmore, Stephanie. "Show Review: Father John Misty, Jenny O. at The Independent, 9/26/12". Retrieved 14 February 2014.