He maintains a popular weblog focused on Yahoo! initiatives, which is listed in CNET News.com's index of the 100 best technology-related blogs. According to CNET, Zawodny has "helped put MySQL and other open-source technologies to use".
Work at Yahoo!
Upon joining the company in 1999, he replaced the existing data-management system for the Yahoo! Finance news feed with MySQL.
He has also helped to launch the Yahoo! Search blog. He was part of Yahoo! Search’s Technology Development team. 
Zawodny maintains a blog, which he started in 2002. It focuses on Yahoo! initiatives and has been praised as a "bridge blog", one that has helped build relationships for Yahoo! and attract potential employees to the company.
Zawodny predicted on January 9, 2006 that "2006 will be the year in which once great Slashdot dies", its method of using an editorial staff losing out to increasingly popular community-driven competitors such as Digg and reddit. In response, The Guardian noted that Slashdot was apparently not losing traffic, suggesting that while a new breed of users were attracted to the younger sites, Slashdot readers were remaining loyal.
Although Zawodny is known for his enthusiasm for Yahoo!, his posts critical of the company have often been noted by the media. Such posts include his condemnation of Yahoo! software installations that alter user preferences as "insulting and disrepectful", an accusation that Yahoo! Finance suffered from a "lack of leadership" and "serious lack of vision", and a labeling of Yahoo!'s enterprise instant messenger as a "freaking money pit" and a product "customers don't want".
- "Jeremy Zawodny". O'Reilly Media. Retrieved 2006-12-18.
- "Blog 100 - Jeremy Zawodny". CNET. 2005-10-05. Archived from the original on 2012-07-13. Retrieved 2006-12-18.
- Greenemeier, Larry (2005-09-26). "Open Source Goes Corporate". InformationWeek (CMP Media LLC). p. 38. Retrieved 2006-12-23.
- "Leaving Yahoo!". Jeremy Zawodny. 2008-06-12. Retrieved 2008-06-13.
- "Open Source at Yahoo!". Talk at O'Reilly Media Open Source Conference. Retrieved 2005-08-03.
- Wright, Jeremy (2006). Blog Marketing. New York: McGraw-Hill. p. 105. ISBN 0-07-226251-6.
- Langville, Amy; Carl Meyer (2006). Google's PageRank and Beyond: The Science of Search Engine Rankings. Princeton, New Jersey: Princeton University Press. p. 140. ISBN 0-691-12202-4.
- Arthur, Charles (2006-01-12). "Will Slashdot be overtaken by Digg?". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 2006-12-23.
- Elgin, Ben (2005-09-26). "For Yahoo, Mistrust Is Popping Up". BusinessWeek (McGraw Hill). p. 36. Retrieved 2006-12-23.
- Dignan, Larry (2006-04-03). "The Buzz; Dell's new dude?". eWeek (Vol. 23 No. 14) (Ziff Davis).
- Claburn, Thomas (2006-02-27). "A Buttoned-Down AOL IM? Consumer Version Suits Most". InformationWeek (CMP Media LLC). Retrieved 2006-12-23.
- Bajak, Frank (2004-03-03). "Enthusiasts Call Web Feed Next Big Thing". Associated Press. Archived from the original on December 7, 2006. Retrieved 2006-12-23.