Jill McDonald (businesswoman)
Jill Clare McDonald
15 May 1964
|Alma mater||University of Brighton|
|Known for||Former CEO of Halfords|
Former CEO of McDonald's UK
|Home town||Sevenoaks, Kent, England|
Gillian Clare McDonald (born 15 May 1964) is a British businesswoman. She formerly served as CEO of Halfords, CEO of McDonald's UK and head of Marks & Spencer's non-food business, overseeing clothing, home and beauty.
McDonald was born in May 1964 in Birmingham, and grew up in Sevenoaks. She was educated at Sevenoaks School and graduated from the University of Brighton with a first class degree in business studies.
She began her career as a graduate marketing trainee with Colgate Palmolive. In 1990, she joined British Airways as a brand manager, and worked there for 16 years, rising to head of global marketing, before joining McDonald's in 2006.
McDonald is married with two sons.
- "Halfords Group plc". Companies House. Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- "Jill McDonald: North West Division President and Chief Executive Officer, McDonald's UK". McDonald's. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- ‘McDONALD, Gillian Clare’, Who's Who 2017, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2017
- "McDonald's UK CEO Jill McDonald swaps burgers for bikes and car parts". Fortune. 23 March 2015. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- "Executive Profile: Jill McDonald". Bloomberg. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- Barber, Lynsey (23 March 2015). "Halfords names Jill McDonald new chief executive to replace Matt Davies". CityAM. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- Farrell, Sean (23 March 2015). "Halfords hires McDonald's UK boss". The Guardian. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- "Marks and Spencer hires Halfords boss Jill McDonald - BBC News". Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- Ashley Armstrong, Retail Editor. "M&S poaches Halfords boss Jill McDonald to run struggling clothing business". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 3 May 2017.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- Sarah Butler (1 January 1970). "M&S hires Halfords chief to run struggling clothing arm | Business". The Guardian. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "Marks & Spencer ousts fashion boss". 11 July 2019. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "M&S sacks fashion boss McDonald with CEO to lead turnaround". Sky News. Retrieved 11 July 2019.