Jim Carlin (politician)
|Member of the Iowa Senate|
from the 3rd district
Assumed office |
December 12, 2017
|Member of the Iowa House of Representatives|
from the 6th district
January 9, 2017 – December 12, 2017
|Preceded by||Ron Jorgensen|
|Succeeded by||Jacob Bossman|
October 19, 1962|
Pittsfield, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Children||Wesley, Whitney, Hannah|
|Residence||Sioux City, Iowa|
University of Massachusetts|
Marquette University Law School
Jim Carlin (born October 19, 1962) is aformer Republican member of the Iowa House of Representatives, representing the 6th district, and current state senator. Carlin was first elected in 2016 to replace retiring Republican Representative Ron Jorgensen.
|Iowa House of Representatives primary elections, 2016 |
|Iowa House of Representatives elections, 2016 |
|Republican hold||Jim Carlin||Republican||9,655||65.33%|
- "Representative Jim Carlin". Iowa House Republicans. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
- Forbes, Greg (June 7, 2016). "Carlin claims tight Iowa House District 6 win over Bossman". Sioux City Journal. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
- Boisjolie, Alex (November 9, 2016). "Hall, Carlin, Kacena win Sioux City House races". Sioux City Journal. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
- "2016 Primary Election Canvass Summary" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. p. 79. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
- "2016 General Election Canvass Summary" (PDF). Iowa Secretary of State. p. 70. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
|This article about an Iowa politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|