|Education||Universidad Argentina de la Empresa (UADE) |
Buenos Aires University
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, speaker, technology communicator and technologist|
|Known for||Global Creativity and Customer Engagement Director of Maytronics Ltd. |
Coordinator of UADE Foundation's Technologic Communication Center
Joan Cwaik (born June 19, 1990 in Buenos Aires) is an Argentinian entrepreneur, speaker, technology communicator and technologist. He is the Global Creativity and Customer Engagement Director of Maytronics Ltd., an Israeli company which develops robotic pool cleaners. He also coordinates the Technologic Communication Center of UADE Foundation, which belongs to Universidad Argentina de la Empresa (Argentine University of Enterprise).
Joan Cwaik was born in 1990 and had a BA in Media and Entertainment Management at Universidad Argentina de la Empresa (UADE), where since 2016 he teaches, does research and coordinates its Technologic Communication Center. In 2013 he obtained a postgraduate degree in Multimedia Convergence at Buenos Aires University.
In 2013 he was in charge of the communication of the Net Party, a political party that proposes an online form of liquid democracy, founded by the entrepreneur Santiago Siri. He is also part of the NGO Bitcoin Argentina, which promotes the blockchain and bitcoin technology in that country.
Since 2012, Cwaik was the Marketing and Communications Manager for Latin America at Maytronics Ltd., an Israeli company which develops robotic pool cleaners. In that position he coordinates the production and staging of the Aquadance, the aquatic acrobatic contest of the TV show Showmatch hosted by Marcelo Tinelli. In 2018 he was promoted and became Maytronics's Global Creativity and Customer Engagement Director.
He was co-founder of Games On Demand (GoD), a videogames streaming service that was one of the finalist at the Intel Challenge Latin America 2013 at the ‘Internet, Mobile and Computer Software’ category.
In 2015 the Apertura magazine and Red Innova chose him as one of the forty most influential and innovative entrepreneurs in Argentina.
In 2016 the President of Argentina Mauricio Macri called him ‘groundbreaker’ and ‘alarmist’ when he said that in the near future new technologies will replace traditional jobs. He affirmed so during an encounter of the J-6, the version for youngsters of the G-6 Group, which unites the main Argentine business entities such as the Argentine Industrial Union, the Buenos Aires Stock Exchange, the Argentine Construction Chamber, the Argentine Chamber of Commerce, and the Argentine Rural Society.
As speaker and lecturer, between 2016 and 2018 he has participated in a festival about technology called Campus Party Argentina, Red Innova Buenos Aires (which gathers entrepreneurs from the technological industries in Argentina), eMerge Americas (one of the most important technology events in America organized at Miami), Sinergia Latin America (a forum of young Latin American leaders from different disciplines that takes place in Mexico), The World of Ideas, PechaKucha Night Buenos Aires and TEDx, the local edition of the TED talks. In 2015 he was appointed Ambassador of Social Media Day Argentina, an event on social networks and digital communications.
During the 2018 G20 Buenos Aires summit, he was part of the Argentine delegation and one of the speakers of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs Alliance (G20 YEA), a summit that have brought together young entrepreneurs and political leaders from all over the world.
As a technology expert, he collaborates in different media, such as the newspapers Infobae, Clarín (in the 'Next' and 'Al Toque' sections) and La Nación, the C5N TV channel, the FM Milenium and FM Rock & Pop radios and the news agency Télam.
- "Joan Cwaik - eMerge Americas 2016". eMerge Americas 2016. eMerge Americas. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Joan Cwaik Profile". Crunchbase. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Brindarán una charla sobre tecnologías disruptivas y paradigmas digitales". UNO Santa Fe (in Spanish). 31 October 2017. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Apps y videojuegos: en busca de un modelo de negocio". CNN (in Spanish). 2018-08-24. Retrieved 2018-08-28.
- "El futuro ya llegó: 5 innovaciones tecnológicas que sorprenden". Infobae (in Spanish). 31 July 2016. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "8 technological innovations that will change our future". Busy. 27 December 2017. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "El Partido de la Red desde adentro: Internet al poder". Info Technology (in Spanish). 21 October 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Can Bitcoin Still Thrive in Argentina Without Price Controls?". Vice. 2 March 2016. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Mining for Argentina's financial future". The Long And Short. 15 January 2016. Retrieved 13 August 2018.
- "Argentina it's the bigger Bitcoin consumer in Latin-America". Info Coin. 23 February 2016. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "¿Quién es el hombre que se esconde detrás del aquadance?". Pronto Magazine (in Spanish). 27 October 2015. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Joan Cwaik asumió como Director Global de Creatividad y Estrategia Social de Maytronics". DossierNet (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-11-26.
- "El día que Macri me tildó de alarmista". Infobae (in Spanish). 2 November 2016. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Generación 3i: Jóvenes de alto impacto". Forbes (in Spanish). 17 November 2017. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Para este "influencer de Bitcoin", los millennials son los inversores clave". Infotechnology.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-10-12.
- "La innovación disruptiva será el tema de una conferencia". UNL Noticias (in Spanish). Universidad Nacional del Litoral. 29 October 2017. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Joan Cwaik fue seleccionado como disertante del G20 YEA". LATAM Noticias (in Spanish). 25 June 2018. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Conference Agenda" (PDF). G20 YEA. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "Qué es la"brecha de realidad" (in Spanish). 2018-09-20. Retrieved 2018-10-12.
- "Informe Jóvenes Destacados INJUVE 2019". Scribd. Retrieved 2019-07-02.
- "Tras el Tedeum, Macri volvió a Olivos para compartir el locro del 25 de mayo". www.perfil.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 2019-07-01.
- ""Benditos 90", un nuevo programa de radio". El Punto de Equilibrio (in Spanish). 9 March 2016. Retrieved 7 August 2018.
- "La virtualización de la economía". Télam (in Spanish). 12 December 2016. Retrieved 7 August 2018.